Chapter 12

July 25, 1208
Second Battle of North Perilius
2:00 p.m.

Gunshots and loud explosions could be heard as several Qotan soldiers in several trenches or foxholes could be seen laying fire on the invading Charatian Federation Military Force.

The soldiers were part of the 14th Infantry Regiment deployed to stave off the Charatian invaders in the North.

Ping!

"Shit I'm out need covering fire while I reload!"

An elven soldier of the Regiment said as he reloaded his M1 Garand. An extremely good and mostly reliable semi-automatic rifle which could fire 50 rounds per minute.

These new rifles replaced his old springfield rifle but he didn't complain as they were more better than bolt action rifle.

While reloading, he was also very careful as he does not want to get a garand thumb.

After loading another clip, he raises his rifle and shoots another 3 rounds at some soldiers trying to shoot, hitting them in the head and chest killing them instantly.

However,  a Charatian Q2a Light Tank emerges from the woods and turns its 40mm tank barrel towards their position.

"Tank!"

The soldier shouted as he and his comrades took cover as the tank fired on the defenders.

However, a French Char2C Super Heavy Tank in a hulled down position. Responded by shooting a round at the light tank causing it explode with its turret flying in the air.

After noticing the hulled down tank. Several Charatian Medium Tanks fired their 50mm Tank Barrels at the Super Heavy and attempted to rush it but were fired upon by the defending tank easily penetrating their weak 45mm frontal glacis, which caused their tanks to light up like a lead balloon.

Seeing the folley of the attack,The Charatian Officer leading the Charge ordered a retreat.

"Well looks like the Cowards ran."

The still alive but slightly dazed Elven soldier said in relief, he could finally take a brief rest. The Charatians have been attacking their position since atleast 7:00 a.m.

He rested while his rifle was raised up in a vertical moment as he laid it up on his shoulder as he rested. Taking off his French Camouflaged ww2 Adrian Helmet in the process.

Lilnious River
Merchant Ship "Tyrus"

"Shit! Shoot that bird down!"

A soldier near an AA gun operator yelled while pointing at an incoming Charatian dive bomber aircraft.

Ever since the Charatians wedged the North and South Perilius. Transportation of supplies to the North via merchant ships was hard.

Enemy aircraft and ships in the area proved to be difficult to avoid and were usually encountered targeting merchant ships in the area.

Since they were important in keeping the northern Battalions fed and to keep fighting the Invaders from Charatia.

The only good thing was that they were escorted by some gunboats and PT boats.

"Shit! Was that it? Did it end already?"

The soldier asked to no one as the last aircraft were shot down with their crews parachuting but considering the lack of enemy aircraft it was explanatory.

"Jesus Christ!, I almost had a panic attack."

The operator swore as he got out of the AA gun seat.

Charatian Northern Military Command
Regilia,Charatia