Chapter 11

July 18, 1208

It is currently 8 days since the Charatians took and occupied some areas of the Republic. For the Civilian Populace though things were quite fine for now.

"Well i could get used to this."

A Young Charatian soldier assigned to the Village said as he and his comrades was fortifying the area by placing barbwire.

"You better be command has a lot more for us."

One of his comrades helping him said in a stern tone as he was busy doing his duty.

"Ok sheesh jeez"

The soldier replied, acting in a comedic and slightly offended manner.

"Hey I also heard that some of our comrades are facing stiff resistance up north."

"Ok so what?"

"Well obviously the faster we invade this country, the quickly we get to be sent home as heroes."

The young said in false enthusiasm.

"You know what let's just go back to work."

His much older comrade interjected.

Currently,life for the civilians were seemingly peaceful. Considering that the Charatian Military Police was cracking down on any resistors to their rule and possible rapes and murders committed by the Charatian Military. But in actuality, it is not for any moral purpose,it is merely for cracking down on any who will disgrace and disrespect the Greater Charatian Nation.

"Well looks like the Bastards are busy."

An elf named Tyrion said quietly as he watched a Charatian Military truck pass by.

"I agree looks like the resistance is screwed."

An elf beside him said in a hushed voice.

They were both spies for the Qotan Resistance Against Charatia- a group dedicated to freeing themselve from the Federation and integrate themselves back to the Republic.

In the occupied areas, after a few weeks there were many resistance groups formed but the largest of them were the Qotan Resistance Against Charatia and the Village Liberation Front. The QRAC were dedicated to fighting against the Charatian Federation while the VLF is dedicated to fighting both the Charatians and the Qota Republic. Their ideologies were based around a ideology book written by one exiled elven writer (although it is confirmed that he was assassinated by the QIA in a mission in one of the countries un the Northern Alliance) which included the criticism of The Republics authority and viewing any elves who benefited from their rules as human slaves.

While on the front, the fighting stabilized as the Qotan Military Command planned Operation Qatrius in order to launch an offensive and take back the occupied zones. While creating more fortifications particularly the Killnus Defense Line, A large line surrounding the areas captured during the war.

Considering that the fighting was getting worse for the Billians. The High Command debated if they should send an expedition force to relieve the Billians which was later approved by the Republic.
Territories lost by the Billians:

In the North, specifically in the North and South Perilius of the Republic which is seperated by the Lilnious River

In the North, specifically in the North and South Perilius of the Republic which is seperated by the Lilnious River. In the south the fighting was harsh as the 10th, 11th, and 12th battalions,assisted by the 6th Medium Tank Brigade experienced heavy fighting from both enemy countries. Considering to the North was the Billians, to the east was the Charatians,to the left was the Kriegstanians. This caused the entrenched defending forces to be constantly fatigued by the heavy combat and fighting. Leading to Hodgkins to send the 18th,19th, and 21st Regiments to relieve them. While in the North the Forces deployed there were surrounded but were helped via merchant ships in the river who supplied them with guns and ammunition to continue the fight.

Map

Blue-Billian RepublicBlack-Qota Republic Green- Charatian Federation

Black-Qota Republic
Green- Charatian Federation

To the South-Eastern Part of the Republic, The 23rd Mechanized Infantry Regiment and 24th Medium Tank Brigade attacked the Charatian Military forces in the Village Lithua. With them being successful in retaking the captured village but not without taking minimal casualties.

"The 23rd Mechanized Infantry Regiment consisted of a convoy sized group of Qotan Samochód półgąsienicowy wz. 34 and P107 halftracks while the 24th Brigade consisted of 10 to 12 R-35 French Medium Tanks."
-Terius Rilphius, Author of "The  Qotan Republic,The Rise of a Superpower."

Overall, although the Tripartite alliance made some gains, the tide is beginning to turn against them. While the Northern Alliance would keep neutral to conflict,it seemed that they are also preparing in case that they will get dragged into the war as they will only support the winning faction.

For Hodgkins, the modernization of his forces is currently occuring as new weapons, tanks, ships and aircrafts were being produced out of factories. Leading to New Tactics and Doctrines being produced by his Staff. Which altogether made him happy as the dream of the country he created being a superpower was beginning to be in reach of his grasp.

Chapter End