The Little Owl

TW: Parents yelling?

  Narrated POV:
   The sun began to creep up through the dense treeline, and spots of y/n's room lit up with the morning yellow. Reluctantly, y/n sat up in bed again, her eyes dull and tired from staying up through the night. She sighed as she pulled on random items from her closet.
Outfit:

 She looked at herself in the mirror before grabbing her bag and leaving the room

 She looked at herself in the mirror before grabbing her bag and leaving the room. She quietly made her way to the front door and slipped outside without making any noise.
As she walked down the road, the run peeked through the trees, lighting her path.
Upon reaching the doors of her school, y/n lowered her head and focused on the ground as she walked in the building and up the stairs to her first class, where she found a seat at the back, against the wall.
The teacher's talking, and students occasional side talk all blended together through the class as she stroked her pencil against her notebook, sketching out an owl. Without her noticing, the teacher walked up to her desk and tapped his finger on the desk.

  "As pretty as your little bird drawing is, you've got to pay attention if you want to pass my class, Ms. L/n." He scolded with a serious tone, earning a snicker from some of the kids around them.

"..Sorry" y/n apologized, barely above a whisper, shutting her notebook.

As the day progressed slowly, y/n paused to look out the window as she began to leave her last class of the day.
She watched a couple finches bounce around on a power line before picking her bag up and leaving the room.
Now standing in front of her front door, she took a deep breath before opening the door and stepping inside. Her mother stood in the kitchen, scrubbing at a dish, while her father sat in front of the Television mindlessly. She met eyes with her mother for a brief moment when she looked over at y/n, before looking away and focusing on the already sparkling dish, to continue scrubbing at it. Ignoring the both of them, y/n made her way to her room and closing the door behind her as quietly as possible.
Dropping her bag on the floor, she took her shoes off and sat on the end of her bed.
She sighed and laid down on her back, her legs still off the side of the bed, and closed her eyes, not bothering to change.
She woke with a start as she heard the familiar sound of her parents yelling again.
The Sun had gone down, and her room was a dim blue as the sky prepared for the moon to rise. Turning to her side to face the window, she clutched her plush owl to her chest as she looked outside, trying to ignore their raising voices.
In no time, the sun had completely gone down, and the room was plunged into the darkness.
Y/n got up quietly, and made her way to the window and opened it, still clutching the owl as the chilled breeze ruffled her lightly messed up hair and blew through her clothes. The fresh air was a relief to her as she scanned the trees for the figure again.
When her eyes set on the figure again, a light smile formed as she made a small wave to them.

  Toby's POV:

   I wandered through the trees in the lowering lighting as I made my way to the spot I had stood last night.
  Eventually the forest was plunged into darkness as I reached the tree, and looked out towards her house just as she began to open the window. I felt my cheeks warm, despite the chilled air, as she gave me a small wave, acknowledging the fact that I was there, and I smiled with a twitch. I watched her look up at the stars that had begun to appear in the sky as a noticeable noise of something breaking echoed from inside her house.
  Once the moon began rising, it's dim lighting provided enough lighting for me to see she had been clutching a small fluffy owl plush.
I nearly jumped out of my skin as the dreaded sound of someone pound her door down, rang through the trees from the window. I flinched and steadied myself as I watched y/n flinch and turn around to face whoever had entered her room.