FILTHY BLOOD

VAIN

VAIN

It was weird having Aya here with me. This was the house that Athena and I shared after we got married. I laughed and took a sip of my drink. That was the closest thing that I would ever have to a wife. I wanted to move and get another house but I didn't want to leave the memories. I stared at Aya as she slept. She reminded me so much of Athena but she wasn't feisty at all. She was shy and scared like a little kitten. But I couldn't take my eyes off her while she lay there snoring lightly. Her long black hair was scattered across the pillow and her chest rose and fell slowly. I closed my eyes and leaned back in the chair. What the hell was I doing here? Why was I watching her like this? I hated that ever since I met Athena, I couldn't get her out of my head. I dreamed of her and I only desired women who looked like her. I lifted my glass to my lips and downed the alcohol in one gulp. I loved Athena but I hated her at the same time. She came into my life and made me feel things that I never thought I would feel. But she broke my heart at the same time. Was it love? Was that the feeling that she gave me? I smirked; I wasn't capable of that. It was her virginity, that had to be it. I stood up and walked over to Aya. As I stood over her, she didn't move an inch. She was beautiful but not nearly as beautiful as Athena. We were too different and because of that, we couldn't be together. If her father hadn't married her mother, she wouldn't be tainted.

"Filthy blood," I mumbled brushing my thumb across her bottom lip. It was true, Aya was just like Athena. "He had to marry that filthy blooded Korean woman," I growled.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I was losing control again and I didn't want that to happen. It was late and I needed to get some rest, so I left her room quickly. As I made my way to my bedroom, I couldn't stop thinking about what my life would have been like with Athena here. But then there was another part of me that hated her. I hated to think about her and I reminded myself every day how much of a slut she was. I pushed my room door open and walked over to my bed. I climbed in and stared at the ceiling.

"She is nothing more than filthy blood," I mumbled closing my eyes. But deep down I knew that Athena and I would be together forever and always. I had a piece of her that she would never get back. With that thought in mind, I drifted off to sleep.

I saw Roman sitting across the table from his dad. He looked scared but he was happy to be with his dad. He was six years old and I was seven. I could tell that he wasn't used to this life and I knew that I could help him. His father asked him to step out into the hallway and I decided to go with him. When we walked outside, he walked over to a car seat and smiled. I was confused at first but then I saw him lift a tiny hand. I walked over to him and quickly introduced myself.

"Hey, my name is Vain...Vain Grey."

He turned around and smiled at me nervously, "I'm Roman."

"You don't come to these often do you?"

He shook his head, "no. My father says that it's related to work but we are going to have dinner after this so we decided to tag along."