XII

Lily woke up the next day with puffy eyes and a throbbing headache, she'd cried herself to sleep the night before and the effects were beginning to show.

She wasn't allowed to leave her room, so she decided to take a shower to ease her mind.

She didn't have many products to use but thanks to Gisele she had the Japanese cherry blossom, shower gel, lotion, and body mist set.

She absolutely loved the smell of it and felt very content when she got out of the shower smelling good, it made her feel much better.

She had four pairs of clothes other than her uniform, the dress she was given the night of the ball, the green dress she'd worn the day before that Gisele had gotten her, a white dress with purple flowers that Gisele had also gifted her, and the clothes she was kidnapped in.

She also had a couple of pyjamas that were there the day she arrived which she assumed were for the maids.

She decided on wearing pyjamas since she wasn't going to see anyone that day and got back to bed to stare at the ceiling and overthink.

She thought about the school work she was missing, she thought about how much she missed her parents and cat, she thought about how normal her life could've been hadn't she gone to the library that day.

Regret was what she was feeling at that moment.

¤¤

Xavier was on his way to Lily's room to talk to her about the incident.

He was planning to understand her side of the story since he hadn't given her the chance to speak the day before.

He knocked twice on her door and waited for a response.

"Who is it?" A small voice asked.

"Open up, Lily." He ordered.

Her heart dropped when she heard his voice but quickly got up and opened the door for him so as not to anger him.

"Hello, sir." She quickly blurted.

"Hello, Lily. Do you mind if I enter?" He asked.

"No, not all." She quickly answered and ushered him in.

As soon as he entered, he felt the scent of her perfume invade his senses.

"It smells...really good in here."

"Thanks." She thanked him blushing.

"Do you mind if I take a seat?"

"Not at all, sir."

He took a seat on the small chair in the corner of her room and started.

"Would you mind explaining to me what exactly happened yesterday?"

She nodded and began explaining the incident and when she finished, Xavier connected the dots that she was set up and that it was Kate who'd set her up.

"I apologise, Lily. I apologise for not giving you the chance to speak yesterday. This was all a misunderstanding."

"It's fine, sir." She said shocked that he was apologising to her.

"Now that we've solved this. You may leave your room today and resume your work tomorrow." He said as he got up.

"Thank you, sir."

"You're honestly too sweet for this world." He said which made her cheeks heat up as she quickly looked down.

He chuckled at her cuteness and left leaving a very flustered Lily behind.