XIV

Men cladded in their expensive tuxedos and women dressed in their elegant dresses bombarded her vision and she suddenly felt self-conscious about herself.

She expected the gala to be glamorous and filled with wealthy people yet she was still dazed as she walked through the crowd of people, grasping Xavier's hand.

They finally got to their table and sat down.

They sat in silence for a while when Xavier broke it.

"I can't sit down all night Lily, I have to go talk to some people, alright?" He said as he got up.

"Oh okay."

"Do not and I mean do not leave your place, no matter the circumstances."

"Okay."

He left and she was left all alone with only her thoughts to accompany her for the night.

Food and drinks were served, and they just happened to serve Lily's absolute favourite dish, fettuccine alfredo.

At first, she wasn't planning on eating anything, but when she saw the dish, she couldn't help it.

After satiating her hunger and quenching her thirst with some water, she started to get bored and Xavier was nowhere in sight, it had almost been an hour since he left and she felt as though he'd forgotten about her.

She wanted to get up and search for him when she remembered his words, she didn't want to get on his bad side so, she remained seated.

She was about to dose off from boredom when she heard a screeching voice.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?"

She looked up only to be filled with dread.

Christina was standing there with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Xavier asked me to come."

"I'm pretty sure Xavier was high when he asked you." She said, laughing to herself.

"No, I don't think he was high."

"I'm sorry, did you just answer me?"

"You said something and I corrected you, I didn't mean any disrespect."

"This innocent act won't get you anywhere I know whores like you and their stupid acts and trust me this madness will end soon." Said Christina in anger.

Lily decided not to answer her and remain quiet, but that made Christina even angrier, she desperately wanted a reaction from Lily, so she grabbed the nearest cup and threw it on Lily's dress.

Lily gasped in shock as soon as the cup hit her dress, she quickly got up ignoring the stares and went to search for the bathroom.

Tears were streaming down her face as she desperately tried to find the bathroom without having to ask anyone for directions due to the fact her anxiety was at its worst at that moment.

She finally managed to find the bathroom and quickly began cleaning her dress and aggressively wiping her tears with some tissue paper.

When she felt satisfied with how she looked, she left the bathroom and made her way back to the table she was sitting on only to find a livid Xavier sitting there.

She paled as she remembered what he'd told her before, "Do not and I mean do not leave your place, no matter the circumstances."

She was in deep trouble.

"I-I can explain." She said as she took a seat next to him.

"We're leaving." He said as he grabbed her hand and walked towards his car.

"Did you fucking think you can run away, huh?" He asked angrily as he drove going over the speed limit.

"I wasn't trying to, I-"

"Shut the fuck up, I don't want to hear your voice."

He continued driving silently as Lily sobbed at how badly the night had ended.

¤¤

I finally updated!! I'm so sorry for the late update but I had been so worked up with my official exams and finally got my grade which was 17/20 :) ly all and take care <33