Chapter Three-The Vampire hunting Doctor of New York; 1813

III

Doctor Standford Melchek, MD, 34, grew up in New York. He was educated in Scotland in 1800, aged 21. He had short, black colored hair, brown colored eyes, and tall.

       He was wearing a single breasted black colored tailcoat, black colored trousers, a black colored belt, black colored socks, and black colored (polished) shoes on his huge feet.

       And a silver colored watch on his right hand.

        In his huge study was a large silver colored tray on a table that was full of medical equipment: hacksaws; hammers; stakes; syringes; and axes.

          To the left was a closet that was black colored closet that was full of shirts, ties, shoes, and jackets, (similar to the clothes the Doctor was already wearing); to the right was a secret door that led to what he called The Vampyre Room of Ghastly Horror.

            The Doctor believed in Vampires, Ghosts, Demons, and Poltergeists. He studied possession cases, and other phenomena science couldn't, or wouldn't, explain...he decided to spend his late nights making sure the Undead wouldn't be in New York.

             He peered out of his study window and saw several groups of well-to-do New York society couples, as they attended the GRAND OPENING of The Lounge of Dead Blood.

              He shivered.

               Then, to his horror, he saw the bleeding body of Sybilla Charstein lying on the ground-dead. He suddenly grabbed his front door keys, and headed outside.

The Doctor's heart begun to race.

               On the busy New York street, he checked Sybilla's pulse.

               It was faint...but still there.

               Two deep puncture wounds were on her throat.

                He then saw two New York Police Officers on patrol.

                 "This woman's been attacked. She was near that Lounge...", Doctor Sandford Melcheck, MD, said.

                   "We'll investigate only if there's a reason to investigate...Tonight's not a good time", one of the New York Police Officers said.

                    "Fine, if you won't do anything, I'll do it myself! Have a good evening!", Docotr Sandford Melchek, MD, said.

                   And he carefully took the limp, pale body of Sybilla Charstein back to his medical study, closed the door, then placed her in his bed, and closed the door behind him.

                     He locked up his surgery door...then watched over the stricken woman before the Vampires returned.

Page 4