Chapter Five-Sybilla Charstein is awake

V

Sybilla Charstein opened her eyes.

       "Oh? What happened!", she asked the Doctor. Then she saw the stranger. And then saw that she was in a strange bed.

         "Good evening. My name is Doctor Stanford Melchek, MD. I was working earlier when I noticed you're body on the ground. There was a lot of blood, especially two deep puncture wounds on the neck. I injected you with a special serum to stave off the vampire blood that has infected you, dear. It is very dangerous out there...You may have some vampiric symptoms...but I have done all I can to to temper the disease...because you, in effect, have died. But my serum has disrupted necrosis...In other words, the shut down of the bodies' cells...and the rotting of the flesh...Now, please relax. Once your energy comes back...we can discuss your future...And where's your parents?", the Doctor asked.

           "I left home, Doctor...Please, let them know that they're safe...My name is Sybilla Charstein", Sybilla said.

             "A pleasure, dear. Please, rest. The Police aren't helping...So I am making sure there's no other attacks tonight", the Doctor said.

                "I...I met two women tonight...They...They...bit me", Sybilla Charstein said...and cried.

                "They went to The Lounge of Dead Blood...An infernal all womens' Vampire club", the Doctor said.

                  "I...I'll make sure I won't go there, Doctor", Sybilla Charstein said.

                   "Good. Now, tomorrow is another day...Rest. And, if you need food and water...let me know", the Doctor said.

                   "Of course, Doctor. And thank you for saving my life", Sybilla Charstein said. She kissed him, as the Doctor opened the bedroom door...and closed it behind him.

Page 6