Chapter Four-Serum of the Undead; 1813

IV

The girl was cold.

      She had two puncture wounds on her neck. They were deep; they were very deep. The wounds are vampiric in nature.

         Now, as I watch her asleep, her breathing is labored; her pulse is weakening; and her face is deathly pale...

           ...Unlike other doctors of note, I have a serum that can, (if  injected within the first 1 hour of a victim being bitten by the Undead), can, according to me, will take away the bloody vampiric hunger that is rife in some cases; some other cases, (which is rare), will not work. The affected man or woman or boy or girl will rise from the Dead after 3 full nights after death...

          ...The girl shall feed again. But I have injected some powerful anti-vampiric serum into her bloodstream via her right vein.

           ...This, under medical supervision, is the right way forward to see if the effects of the Undead could rise.

By Midnight, I saw the sinister moon. The effect on me was immediate. A sense of horror would now befall all innocent girls and women in New York.

             And the Lounge.

What kind of evil can consume New York's society? Lesbian Vampires...It is unnatural. And yet...There is things to deal with.

I watched the sick girl. She was 17 at most. She is poor. Her clothes are nice...but drab. I'm sure it was the first time outside her house...and into the dark streets of the city.

           And now, to my horror, she could die.

             And, for me, I won't let that happen to her.

Page 5