Chapter 25: Another Bombshell

A/N: We're OFFICIALLY HALFWAY through PTQ! Initially, hanggang 30 chapters lang dapat ang Act One, but I decided to extend it up to 50 chapters. So yeah, mahaba-haba pa ang journey natin with our USC officers and Fabienne.

 So yeah, mahaba-haba pa ang journey natin with our USC officers and Fabienne

CASTIEL

"WHAT?! ARE you freaking serious?!" I almost exclaimed, but I toned my voice down so as not to attract unnecessary attention. Mahirap na, baka may makarinig sa pinag-uusapan namin.

This morning, we went to a sitio in Clark City where we held the monthly tree-planting activity organized by the University Student Council. Maliban sa pag-contribute sa pangangalaga ng kapaligiran at kalikasan, makatutulong din sa reelection bid ni Priam na malaman ng mga estudyanteng active siya sa ganitong issue.

We had also invited officers from the College Student Councils and some non-mandated organizations to join us in this project. Alaric the Prick from the College of Business and Accountancy and his entire council were among those who agreed to participate. Mukhang ayaw rin niyang palampasin ang free publicity na ito. Since this activity was for a good cause, I had called for a unilateral ceasefire and promised to not be hostile against him.

Going back to the topic that almost made me exclaim, Priam told me that he had communicated with Fabienne last night. I did not tell him to make contact with her. That was not in my script. I would strongly advise against it. Oh, speaking of Fabienne, balak ko sana siyang i-invite sa activity na ito dahil isa siya sa mga volunteer namin. But given the current events and her schedule, maybe it was unwise to bring her along and make the others see her with Priam.

"You should have consulted me first before speaking to her," I hissed at the president. He was just one or two meters away from me. Wala namang problema kung pag-usapan namin ito habang nandito kami. Each council got their own area on this wide lot. Malayo sa amin ang iba pang officers na gustong maki-tsismis. "Hindi pwedeng basta-basta mo siya kausapin dahil baka may masabi o magawa siyang off-script. I've already told her what to do."

He dug a small hole in the ground with a garden shovel. "I asked how she's doing."

"And?" I paused from filling in some dirt around my seedling. Hindi ko siya nilubayan ng tingin hangga't hindi siya sumasagot sa akin. My instinct told me that he did more than checking on her. He would not just call someone, ask "how are you?" then hang up.

"I told her that we will protect her."

"What?!" This time, I was not able to hold back from exclaiming. My eyes roamed the area to see if someone was approaching us. There was no one. "Bakit mo sinabi 'yon? You shouldn't have told her something along those lines. I mean, we're gonna defend her in our own way, but you didn't have to spell it out for her."

"What the hell?!" sumingit si Valeria sa usapan namin. She was just on Priam's left. Napalakas yata ang boses ko kaya hanggang sa kanyang puwesto'y narinig niya ako. "Have you lost your mind, Priam? Why would you even say that?"