Chapter 114: Contingency Plans

Fuck, this was hard to write. Clarification that for this climax, I actually scribbled on a full A4 paper to plan everything out, and when I write, I still make changes to the plan, so it ended up very different from my original idea, but hey, it's part of the charm. 

ALSO, YES I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR MONTHS AND I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY FOR MYSELF, JUST THAT THIS ONE WAS HARD TO WRITE. 

LOVE Y'ALL. AND SORRY. 

_

____________________________________

For the remaining three hours since after they received the news, the whole Student Council was  a mass hurricane with one human or two constantly running around the room whilst freaking out themselves and everyone else, a few calmer humans who were relatively dying inside, one cocky bastard who was enjoying the show, and the rest literally trying to keep their shit together and failed miserably. Charles, being one of the calmer ones but dying inside, was slumped on his chair, unable to fathom any input from his surroundings as his mind thought up a thousand and one possibilities on how the day could be worse and how he could counter each and every one of them. 

Of course, at the current moment, no one can do anything about the plane intersecting with a godforsaken (literally) missile that was hijacked by a psychopath, but what disturbed him more about this fact was how Dr. Micah had sent them a message not half an hour ago, using a walkie talkie that miraculously still worked, that the twins had started playing Uno. The doctor explicitly clarified to them that the twins did, as the matter of fact, know about the intersection, but neither reacted to it. "Shao Long made me tell you that he's stacking the deck, so he's winning, Charles. Whatever game you play, I wouldn't place my bet, so good game." 

In all of everyone's horror, the hospital had been in a calm state since morning, with no one freaking out, a heavy contrast to what was currently happening at the academy. 

"Do you think that maybe they had that under control?" Charles mumbled to himself, unable to muster enough energy to think of what kind of demon Shao Jun might have summoned to alter the course of a whole plane, but maybe they simply inherited strong genes from their father. So maybe demon summoning was part of Xi Shen Ko's skill set as well, and Charles instantly cut that thought out as soon as it appeared because if Xi Shen Ko could summon demons, they might as well die already. Like, what else could they do, summon the forces of angels? 

"I wouldn't be that surprised." Alex answered his unrequited question, sighing as he fastened the buttons of his coat. "I'm going to the telecom room to see if there's any damage. Supposedly if there's no problem, I'd still be able to relay a message to students." 

Right. Today was still very much a school day, and undoubtedly, some students would already be freaking out about the Internet and communication problems, they could practically hear their screams from the Student Council meeting room. Naturally in order to calm these young nobles, Alex would be gone first. 

"I'll come with you." Felix raised a hand, skittering to Alex's side. 

"No, you're coming with me and Livio." Gion immediately stood up, grabbing Livio with him. "To the airport. We need to clear the citizens and staffs in case Satan decided to bomb the place."