Chapter 47 - Beta Blockers

Ahahahahh I'm bored and I'm going crazy and homework is piling up and I haven't done most of it...... And yet I have time to write. That means y'all are more important than my grades. Be thankful hehe (≧▽≦).

Btw due to some things not working out as I thought it should have, I changed the name of the medicine from Thiazide diuretics to beta blockers. Please excuse my mistake.

***********

Fever is often described as painful, but it really isn't completely accurate to say that it is painful. You'd feel like you have boulders in your brain that produced ringing sound every so often. Your throat would feel dry and often feel nauseous. But even if you drink water, it would probably cause even more discomfort. That being said, you won't necessarily feel the need to eat. After lying for about an hour, you'd feel a little better, and want to sit up. The second you move from your lying position, you'd feel like your brain is being dragged down to the center of the earth. Instead of painful, it's more like a nuisance and discomfort.

That is exactly what Charles felt when he got back to his room. The heater was naturally turned on to keep the room at its most comfortable state. He didn't need to think twice before slumping into his bed with his shoes still worn. Opening his eyes is one thing. Thinking is another. But no matter what, they say curiosity makes people do stupid things. Charles sat up eventually, took pff his shoes, change to warmer and dry clothes as he resisted the urge to just end up sleeping on the floor.

As he was rummaging through his drenched clothes, he felt something in the pocket of his trousers.

The medicine bottle he found near Shao Long.

Beta blockers.

Charles lied down on his hed once again, sighing as he stared at the bottle. There were no statements of the uses of the beta blockers imprinted on the bottle, only the time it needs to be taken. Not even the name of the company from which the medicine came from. Not even the name of the hospital or something. Strange, considering any medication would usually have at least those details imprinted.

But as long as you have the name of the medicine, it should be fine. And as everyone would probably do, Charles typed the name of the medicine in his phone and searched for the use.

Beta blockers, also known as beta-adrenergic blocking agent used to reduce blood pressure. By blocking the effects of hormone epinephrine, also known as adrenaline, it lowers blood pressure, causes blood to beat slower with less force.

"So he has high blood pressure..."

Theoretically, high blood pressure is based on none other than heart disease.

That being said, the one that had heart disease was Shao Jun and not Shao Long. He was the one that should have this bottle, not Shao Long. That's not even the worst point. Shao Jun was cured by heart transplant as mentioned before by Shao Jun himself. It was said that his surgery was done two months ago, which is enough time to recover from a surgery. It had only been two months, and the surgery had yet to be proven to be successful. But since Xi Shen Ko allowed him to come here, it would probably mean that Shao Jun is now safe. Why would he even have beta blockers.

Not only that, beta blockers are the more effective medicine after diuretics, which means the condition is severe. Even of Shao Jun is faced with a heart failure, he should've just taken diuretics. Beta blockers have strong side effects like dizziness and fatigue, which explains the number of times Shao Long fainting throughout his disappearance.

All the points led back to Shao Long after all. Shao Long had always been healthy. Athletic. Smart. A social butterfly that everyone couldn't help but admire. After the viral case months ago, it didn't take long for Shao Long to be treated well once more. People were quick to forget about his case because he was simply pleasant to be around. He didn't look anything like a sick person. Shao Long was healthy, he was sure of it.