Chapter 22 - The Run

Honestly, 22 chapters ready? I can't believe this. Maybe quarantine has really knock some efforts in me.

Thank you for your support!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Gege gege gege gege hurry up gege, let's go for a run, gege, come quick!!!"

Shao Long had never met someone more pushy. Or clingy. Shao Jun had literally took less than 5 minutes to go back to his room, change his clothes and went to his brother's room. Shao Long wasn't sure who opened the door for him, but just as he was about to get changed, the door opened, revealing this overexcited puppy.

Why did he love this dork again?

Oh yeah, they're twins.........

"You promised me!!!" Shao Jun began whining.

"I'm trying to change, you clingy prick, and for the love of god, get off the table! Go get Xueyang!" Shao Long groaned in frustration.

"He doesn't want to! He's too lazy to jog!"

"You're really bad at lying. That guy can literally do 100 push ups a day and you're saying he's lazy. Just say that you don't want him to come!"

"He'll never allow me to run!"

"I'm seriously thinking of agreeing with him!"

"YoU PrOMiseD gEGe"

"Alright alright, geez" Shao Long continued to change to dark tracksuit. Shao Jun had worn a similar one. He didn't really need one before though. He didn't even go out much. This pair of matching tracksuit was newly bought right after Shao Jun was cured. He had badly wanted to run, so Shao Long had Xueyang buy them a pair.

"We'll do slow jog at first like we usually do at home. Then you can start running at the bus stop. I'll wait there while you finish a lap" he said as he tied his sport shoes.

"How long is one lap?"

"About one kilometer and a half. With you running, that'll be a piece of cake" Shao Long had no doubts in his words. This kid he call his twin had the energy of a bullet. What would be too much for him?

"I have no idea how far that is on foot, but it sounds long enough. Am I gonna be okay? It's only been a few months since the surgery" Shao Jun asked with a smile, a little nervous about the idea.

"Well if you're that worried, then don't run too fast and stop if you can't continue. Just remember to not stop too suddenly, don't sit or squat, calm your breathing as fast as you can. You should be fine. If your heart is acting up, bring your medicine with you" Shao Long instructed as always.

"I have them right here!"

So that evening, the two slipped away from Xueyang who was oblivious of their plan and went to the track. Not the field, but the tar track around the academy for cars, which rarely come and go.

They started by jogging slowly after warming up. If you think slow jogging is easy, then you're wrong. Stamina and endurance is really important. The steps are shorter and it's going to drive you crazy one way or another. Even if you're a weightlifting champion, if you don't have endurance, you can't survive slow jogging for a long duration. Shao Long and Shao Jun are both well trained in slow jog. It's because Shao Jun needs regular exercise, and he would usually drag Shao Long with him. Even if Shao Long would prefer to stride, he never left his brother behind.

Since it was a slow jog, they completed the lap in 15 minutes. Once they reached their starting point, which is the bus stop, Shao Long did some cooling down while Shao Jun looked more excited than ever. He even run on the same place with high spirit as if the jog didn't tire him at all.