Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Tick tok........tick tok........tick tok

Peter laid in bed staring up at the white ceiling, boredom consuming his very existence, as he listened to the ticking of the clock, which seemed to be the only thing keeping him sane. 

He was only left to think about the situation he somehow got himself into. The man he allowed himself to get so dangerously close to, and daresay love,  seemed to feel the exact same, and even more. 

He mistakingly pushed himself into the billionaires view and now he can't escape. 

Peter knew that there was one thing he could do to get out of his head. He needed a break from the suffocating feeling he got from Tony Stark's penthouse. 

Spiderman.

He could easily escape through the window for just an hour and swing around for a little. 

He quickly threw on his suit in the bathroom before putting street clothes on top and was about to open the window when he remembered FRIDAY.

Peter looked up and asked "FRIDAY? If I open this window and leave, will you tell Mr. Stark?"

The bodiless voice said "Yes Miniboss" 

Peter groaned and tried to think of a way to get around FRIDAY. With all the time he spent here in the past few months, he had a few ideas to manipulate the AI. 

He said "FRIDAY? Mr. Stark probably told you to make sure I stay safe, right?"

She said "Yes. Boss has instructed me to make sure you are always safe and tell him if you are hurt or injured in any way."

Peter smirked and said "What if I were to tell you that being in this space is making me feel really  anxious? I do not feel well mentally. But if I go outside, I will feel so much better. I do not feel safe  and there is no other option."

The ever-so-helpful AI said "I could call boss."

Peter slightly jumped and said "Uh No, he's probably in a meeting and shouldn't be disturbed, right?"

She was silent for a moment and said "He is in a meeting and cannot be disturbed. I will not tell boss if you go out."

He silently cheered and went out on the terrace. He had to find a way to jump out without the cameras seeing or else Mr. Stark could see it at any time. 

That's when he was hit with a thought. He would just walk outside and go from an alley. Duh.

Peter still didn't trust FRIDAY and held his breath as he stepped into the elevator. He only relaxed when he passed reception and left the front door without anyone stopping him. 

He made sure to cover his face the entire time. He couldn't risk Mr. Stark getting desperate and searching with CCTV. Plus, he'll only be gone an hour. 

Peter made himself disappear in a crowd of people then slipped out into an alley. He quickly stripped his clothes, stuffed them in his backpack and webbed it to the wall. Then, he wasted no time swinging over to Queens. 

---------------

After Peter left to take a nap, Tony paced the room. What's he gonna do? He certainly didn't expect he kid to lash out like this!

He blew out a deep breath and tried in vain not to let the anxiety in, but it was too late. His pacing began to turn erratic. 

Tony rubbed a tired hand over his face. This was not part of the plan! The kid was supposed to be happy, but right now, he's.......not.

He honestly hoped the nap would be enough to turn his mood around. Yeah! Teenagers have mood swings all the time! This has to be one of those times! The kid was this close to calling him dad, they were going so well. 

No matter, he'll learn to love it in the tower. 

His Starkwatch beeped and he silently cursed seeing he had a shareholders meeting he couldn't get out of. Hopefully he could get back before the kid woke from his nap. 

Making sure he looked presentable, he sauntered out the door, ensuring FRIDAY knew to let him know if Peter needed him. 

The meeting ran much later than he anticipated. Three freaking hours! He checked his emails in the elevator and was replying to one while walking into the penthouse. 

He was gone for a while, so he fully expected to see Peter sulking in front the tv. When he saw no sullen teenagers, he figured the kid was sulking in his room. 

Tony's face darkened when the kid's room was empty. Okay....maybe he's in the bathroom? No one was there. 

"Okay I've had enough. FRIDAY where is he?" The bodiless AI replied "Miniboss left a little over an hour ago." Tony asked "Where did he go?!"

FRIDAY replied "I do not know."

As his mind started to swim, he placed a hand over his face and said "Well look for him!"

The AI unhelpfully responded "Unable to locate Peter Stark."

He pulled out his phone and was about to find the boy himself when FRIDAY chimed in again "Peter has entered the building, through the front doors. He is coming up the elevator"

It took all of Tony's willpower not to pull out his suit and fly down. 

In a not-so-calm manner, he sped walked over to the elevator and tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for the kid to come up. "Peter Anthony Stark! Where were you?"

If Tony weren't so exasperated and worried, he would have laughed at Peter's "deer caught in headlights" facial expression.

The boy in question was wearing a simple hoodie with jeans. He could've gone anywhere in such a casual outfit. But where?

Peter didn't even answer the question. Instead he crossed his arms petulantly and asked "Why do you even care?" while walking to his bedroom.

Tony's eyes darkened considerably, as though he was getting desperate. He decided to switch tactics "Pete. Do you remember that day we went to Martha's Bakery? On Austin Street?"

Peter scrunched his eyebrows, but nodded his head in confirmation. 

Tony continued "We were gobbling down cupcakes and cookies. You had lemonade. You said your favorite was the peanut butter brownie."

Peter seemed to remember, and allowed Tony to continue. "We had so much fun that afternoon. When I drove you home, you told me that was the most fun you had in a long time, thanked me and then gave me a hug."

Peter vividly remembered that afternoon. It was the same day Peter almost slipped up and called him "dad". It seemed Tony remembered this too because he stared at Peter intently, giving him a meaningful look. 

A dark look crossed Peter's face then. "Did you think a simple memory would make me forget that I'm here against my will?! I don't know who you even think you are right now, barging into my life like this! I might have been close to calling you dad before, but you're sure as hell not my father, and never will be!!" 

A deadly silence filled the room except for heavy breathing coming from Peter and the sound of whooshing air as the man harshly slapped the boy.