Chapter 18

A/N: Hi everyone!! I am so sorry! I realize that I've been doing something wrong. Tony has slapped Peter twice now, and my ignorant self didn't think to tag child abuse or even warn you guys before it happened. I have now added a child abuse tag and I promise to write notes in the future if I plan on it happening again! I am so sorry for his gross oversight and I promise to think before posting! I realize this subject may be a trigger and I will be more careful in the future.

So without further ado, there will be mentions of child abuse in this chapter.

Also, prepare for semidark!Pepper...?

3rd Person POV

When Pepper woke up, she found herself lying on the couch with an icepack on her forehead and Tony was walking around, cleaning Peter's mess.

She got her bearings for a minute and asked Tony "Honey why isn't Peter cleaning this mess?"

Without looking directly into her eyes, he replied "I sent him to his room. How are you feeling?"

Pepper sat up slowly and she rubbed her eyes tiredly, muttering to herself "He got a tattoo?! How in god's name did he manage that?"

She shook her head and said, "I'm fine, I just haven't had time to eat today."

Tony sat down next to Pepper and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Friday will order you something to eat from downstairs. She'll just order us all an early dinner."

He stopped when he heard Friday's chime of acknowledgment. Then he continued with a small smile on his face"You know, I think this is actually a good thing. He's getting comfortable enough to rebel."

Pepper whipped her head around to stare at him in shock "By getting a tattoo?! A little rebelliousness, fine. But permanent? That's not okay, Tony!"

She asked "What even happened after I passed out"

She noticed Tony's grim look "I snapped. God, Pep I felt this white hot anger and I acted rashly."

Pepper looked at him suspiciously "What did you do, Anthony?"

-------------------

Perched on the railing on his balcony, Peter sat, staring at the sunset, relishing in the righteous anger coursing through his body.

Tony slapped his face hard enough to leave a glaring handprint, then he sent him to his room.

Peter can't help but feel sorry for himself. He's always looking for trouble and trouble always found him.

He knew he shouldn't poke the bear, and here he was with a big stick.

But.....UGH!! It's just not fair.

Wait...

He leaped back into his room and tried to go into the living room. If Pepper knew that Tony SLAPPED him, she could have done something!

But when he tried to open the door, it wouldn't budge.

He slapped the door and said "Friday! What the hell?"

She chimed in and said "Sorry miniboss. Boss says you are grounded for one month and must remain in your room at all times except for meals and school. You are not allowed entertainment in the form of music, television, your phone, or video games."

Peter's jaw slacked open "What? Why?!"

She went silent for a moment and then she said "Boss says you are grounded for skipping school, getting a tattoo, being disrespectful, and making a mess in the family space."