Chapter 9

The next morning, breakfast was the same as the previous night's dinner. Peter was sitting across from Tony, both of them silently eating. Well, Peter was eating and Tony was guzzling down his second cup of coffee of the day. 

Tony cleared his throat and said "You'll stay at Midtown. You go back tomorrow." 

Peter was so grateful upon hearing that, but he wouldn't dare thank the man. Hell no. But he did said "okay" 

Tony quirked an eyebrow "I thought you'd have more of a reaction after last night's meltdown."

Peter thought to himself that now is the time to be a mini Tony. In a deadpan tone he said "Wow thank you for letting me go to school. You're the best"

Tony froze in place. This isn't Peter, he's just upset. Then Tony decided to let it go. Peter will get used to it soon enough. 

Breakfast ended soon after. Peter was about to storm off to his room again when he turned to Tony. "Where is my phone? I want to talk to my friends, or am I not allowed?" Peter asked in a bitter tone. 

Tony ignored it. He had to. He turned to Peter and asked "I'm assuming you mean Edward Leeds and Michelle Jones?"

Peter smirked "You know what they say about assuming."

Tony clenched his jaw. Don't reply. Don't reply. 

He said "Wait here" and dipped into his office, reemerging a minute later with a sleek black box. Handing it to Peter, Tony said "Think of this as an adoption present." 

Without even looking at the box, he said "No thanks, where's my phone?"

Tony replied "Right here Pete. Your old phone was barely functioning. This one is brand new, not even released to the public yet."

When Tony noticed that Peter was barely paying attention, he said "It's either this phone or no phone. Your pick"

Peter scoffed. "Some choice that is". He grabbed the phone from Tony's hands and stormed off. 

He slammed his room door for good measure and plopped on his already made bed. Housekeeping sure works fast, at least its fast for Tony Stark. 

Peter noticed that the phone was already set up and had the numbers stored for Ned, MJ, Happy, Tony, and Pepper Potts. 

Pepper Potts. 

Hmmm.

He pressed the contact for Pepper and listened as the phone dialed. A few rings and a soft female voice answered. 

Pepper- Hello? 

Peter- Hi. Pepper Potts? 

Pepper- Yes? I don't recognize this number, but if you have my number, you must have passed Friday. 

Peter- Yeah I guess you could say that. I'm Peter. 

Pepper- Well hi Peter. Can I ask how you got my number? 

Peter- Tony put it in my phone.

Pepper- Tony as in Tony Stark, my boyfriend? Why would he give you my number? 

Peter- Yeah him. Well I'm guessing he didn't tell you about these past few days, Ha! 

Pepper- Hang on just a moment (turns on StarkTime (equivalent to FaceTime)) Okay Peter, tell me what Tony's been up to. 

Peter tells her about the entire "adoption" 

Pepper promptly told him she would deal with it. 

Later that day, Peter emerged from his room for dinner after refusing to eat lunch with the man. After his conversation with Pepper, he couldn't help but feel smug. 

Nobody could go head to head with Pepper Potts and come out unscathed. 

When Tony saw Peter's expression, he assumed Peter finally broke from his bad mood. 

You know what they say about those who assume.