Chapter 15

3rd Person POV

Tony was sitting in him office when Friday interrupted him with an alert. 

"Boss. Spiderman has reportedly been seen in Queens, Brooklyn, and parts of Manhattan."

Tony slammed his fist on the desk frustratedly before sending four Ironman suits to his last known locations. For the past few weeks, this Spider fellow has been evading his attempts to talk, so he's had to resort to more.......desperate measures.

Truthfully, the vigilante has mostly stuck to small robberies and cats in trees, but he just wasn't comfortable with some guy with unknown motives to be so close to his family, even if he stuck mostly to Queens and sometimes Brooklyn.

Once again Friday chimed in "Boss, I have lost sight of Spiderman."

Tony cursed out loud and tubbed his hand over his face. How does that insect keep avoiding him?!

He instructed Friday "Next time he's around, just send a few suits, don't wait for my permission."

Who even is this guy?! Tony pulled up the feed from the Ironman suits to see the Spider guy effortlessly dodge the suits and eventually lose them. 

"DAMMMIT!!"

"What's wrong now?" Pepper walked into the office, tablet and mug of coffee in hand.

Tony gave her a tired look and said "This spider guy! I can't seem to pin him down or even find out what his deal is!"

Pepper walked up to him and rubbed her hand over his shoulder "Tony, you said yourself that the guy sticks to the small stuff. It doesn't sound too urgent. You'll meet him when the time is right."

Tony shook his head and said "He's too close to Peter, Pep."

Pepper nodded her head and said "Peter also has us, it'll be okay honey."

Tony tried to calm himself down because he knew that Pepper was right, but he just had to make sure Peter would be alright.

They soon launched into conversation when the door behind them opened. 

Tony couldn't help the smile that creeped up on his face when he saw who was at the door.

He jumped up and engulfed the man in a hug. "Honeybear! You're back!"

Colonel James Rhodes hugged Tony back and gave Pepper a quick peck on the cheek before sitting to join the two. "What's been going on? What did I miss?" Rhodey rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

The group of three lazily walked into the living room and Tony nervously spoke "Well I've actually been meaning to talk to you. I haven't really had the chance since you've been in Bolivia. But something happened when you were gone."

Rhodey looked on in concern as the crazy possibilities ran through his head. 

The group was interrupted when the elevator door opened and Happy stepped out followed by a disgruntled looking teenager wearing a backpack and blue sweatshirt with some emblem on it. The two appeared to be arguing.

The kid didn't notice the audience as he spoke heatedly "I don't care, Happy! I don't need permission to go out with my friends!

Happy, red in the face, replied just as heatedly "Yes you do! You need to talk to your father."

The kid rolled his eyes just as Tony cleared his throat and the two snapped their heads towards the group.

Rhodey squinted his eye suspiciously as they both adopted deer-caught-in-headlights looks.