feel my heart's intention // todoshin

it's loud at herocon, but shouto doesn't mind.

he's more concerned that after the next panel they're going to, he's going to meet the author of his favorite webcomic.

sero recommended the purple sky to him around six months ago, and he's been obsessed with it ever since. it follows the story of a young vigilante, riku, who escapes their abusive household and uses their non-combatant quirk to save other kids like them. it explores the different kinds of abuse, and the effects of a corrupted hero society.

the author is somewhat of a mystery, known only by their handle: @HITOCCHI. there are a lot of fan theories about their age, gender, quirk, etc, but nothing has been confirmed. fans mostly use they/them for hitocchi, and they don't seem to mind.

something about it drew shouto in, and it's the closest thing he's ever had to a special interest.

so when he opened his twitter one day to see this:

ready for herocon !! @HITOCCHI • 2w

i'm gonna have a booth at herocon !! i'll be selling some signed prints and trinkets so keep an eye out

join tonight's livestream to see the process behind some new official art (⌯꒪͒ ꌂ̇ ꒪͒)

2.3k retweets   5k likes

shouto was ecstatic.

luckily, he'd already agreed to attend herocon with izuku, and it wasn't hard to fit into their schedule. shouto tried his hand at fashion design, throwing together a decent cosplay of echo, a side character in the purple sky. izuku decided to stick with the running theme of cosplaying every single one of all might's era's, and it had turned him into a social butterfly.

five minutes ago, someone in a miruko cosplay approached him for a picture, and it quickly evolved into a full-blown conversation about their favorite all might eras.

"yeah, i liked the darker theme of the bronze age too, but i prefer the bright yellow in the silver age! it just seems like it matches his vibe better, and it matches his hair too! and his cape looked really awesome when i saw him on tv! i had this little figurine of silver age all night and it was my favorite when i was a kid!"

shouto waited patiently until izuku paused to take a breath, and gently reminded him that if they didn't leave soon they would be late for the next panel.

izuku startled, looking at shouto like he'd forgotten he was there.

"oh! right, sorry sho!" he grinned sheepishly, apologizing to the person and quickly typing in their phone number.

as they're leaving, izuku exhales. "wah, i love cons so much!"

shouto hums in agreement, analyzing izuku's expression; flushed cheeks, wide smile, flappy hands. he's happy.

he can't focus at the next panel. he keeps zoning out, mind caught on meeting hitocchi. no one's ever seen their face. when they do livestreams, their face is always out of shot, the camera only focused on their hands or on their virtual canvas. their voice is really nice though, super soft and rumbly. shouto keeps wondering what they'll look like, if they'll sound as nice in person as they do on streams.

when he tunes back in, people are filing out of the room, and izuku is standing, animatedly conversing with the person next to him. shouto waits for a few minutes, bouncing his leg and getting more and more restless the longer izuku goes on. he doesn't want to miss hitocchi.

he tugs impatiently at izuku's sleeve, and he quickly brings his conversation to an end.

as soon as they leave the room, shouto is pulling izuku through crowds by his wrist, hurrying to the spot he marked on his map with a purple x.