Chapter 5 - A Bad Taste of a Kiss

"Cheers!" 

Everyone was having a time in their life, except for Aki, he's a killjoy. Mostly everyone was drunk, especially Himeno, who was spouting some gibberish nonsense bullshit that nobody even understands. 

"Man, Makima'll gonna get late!" Himeno said

Y/N was sitting next to Power and was eating some noodles that he had ordered. It was really hard to get Power away from stealing some of his noodles. 

"Hey, hands off! Don't touch my food!" Y/N yelled but was drowned out by everyone else's yells and random noises. Y/N then looked at Kobeni and Arai "So, before I eat, there's something I wanna talk about you two" 

Both of them became nervous and tense as Y/N addressed them "Look, I'm not gonna berate you guys since this party is for you rookies-"

"You're also a rookie, dumbshit!" Denji corrected. 

"-But you guys gotta know when and when not to follow orders. Sometimes it's better to take orders so that when the plan is shit, you won't be the one to blame. I don't want... who are you again?" 

"K-Kobeni..." 

"Benny, got it. I don't want you to not follow orders and fuck everything up. See, if you only listened to Aki, he wouldn't get stabbed" Y/N finished. 

Kobeni looked down in guilt. Arai comforted her by patting her back "Don't be sad, Kobeni, I'm sure he's just saying that so that we can learn from our mistakes!"

"Learn? No. I just want to see her look guilty" Y/N nonchalantly said. 

Arai frowned at him "You're an asshole" 

"Well, at least he's honest" Fushi said.

"Yeah, and you're weird looking" Y/N retorted. After that, he chowed down his noodles "Mmph, man it's better than I expected" 

"Ah, hey, about that kiss..." Denji whispered to Himeno's ear. 

"It's too embarrassing when I'm sober, I'll do it once when I'm more buzzed" HImeno blushed. 

Denji's face lit up as he let out a bright wide smile that showed his sharp teeth. What's up with those anyway?

"Somehow, I feel like something is gonna go wrong for Denji" Y/N said while his mouth is still full of noodles. 

"Psssh, nah! Tonight is my night! There's no way it's gonna wrong!" 

"There goes a red flag. Eh, oh well, not my problem" Y/N said as he continued to munch down on his food. 

A scary-looking devil hunter placed his hand on Denji's shoulder "This is a welcome party for you newbies, so stand up and introduce yourselves! Name, age, and the devil you contracted with!" 

"You shouldn't reveal your contracted devil in public. Only those that are trustworthy should know" Aki said. 

"Ah, so you still have that stick up your ass?" 

"Eheh, it's all good, all good! Gimme another beer!" Himeno yelled whilst patting Denji's back

"Ah, another beer here too, please. I honestly like to hear about your hobbies" A short-haired female hunter said. 

"I'm Denji! And I'm 16 if I remember correctly! My hobbies are... Eating and sleeping!" 

"16?! Zamn, so young!" 

"You ain't drinking any beer, right?!" Himeno frantically asked. 

"I think mine's orange juice" Denji answered calmly.