Chapter 13 - Exit Light

Genshin twitter being sane as usual, harassing VAs and artists. Yup, totally normal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"-And then the guy said 'only a spoonful', and then the other dude pulled out a comically large spoon. Funny, yeah?" 

'You left out the moment where you got hit by a car' Alt snickered

'Shut up'

"I... See. You are extremely... Lucky to encounter me. If it was any other... Primordial Devils, all of you would've... Died

As Y/N and the Darkness devil spoke with each other, everyone stared at them in bewilderment. Unfortunately for everyone, nobody seems to understand what the two were saying as they were using a different language.

Why are they speaking with each other? Is Y/N friends with that devil?

...

Is he a traitor?

These were the questions that were circulating in Aki's mind. He looked at his buddy, who was looking at her sleeves in panic. 

"Himeno, it's going to be alright, I'll-... I'll find a way" He tried to calm her down, which worked a little bit.

One of the dolls that somehow made it with them walked up to the Darkness devil and kneeled. 

"I am the doll devil-" 

"Hey, we're still talking here" Y/N frowned as he got interrupted. 

"Let it... Be" Darkness devil said, waving his hand to Y/N, which made Y/N roll his eyes. 

"I have bought Chainsaw's heart as per contract" The doll continued, as he glanced toward Denji. 

Y/N raised his eyebrows 'Speaking of which, how's he holding up?' 

He looked in the direction the doll had glanced, and soon found Chainsaw boi lying on the ground, covered in cuts and bruises. 

'Probably died again' He thought. 

"Please give me... The power to kill Makima" The doll said. 

Denji and Aki stared at the doll in shock. Denji looked angry as he struggled to move, he was too low on blood. 

"What the... Hell are you talking about?"

The Darkness devil held the doll by the throat and lifted him up to its head level. Without anyone expecting it, the Darkness devil removed the doll's head from his body. 

"Weren't you gonna give the doll something?" Y/N asked. 

"I already did... To the real one" It said. The devil then kneeled to Y/N's height "So... What made you visit this place... Again?

"Rubick sent me to look for the hero of hell, I need his head for... Whatever fucked up reason he has" 

"Sounds like... Rubick. I'm afraid... The devil you're looking for... is no longer here"

Y/N narrowed his eyes "What do you mean by that? Because there is no way I'd go back empty handed" 

"A massive battle took place here... The 'hero' you're looking for... Lost that battle... Barely escaping" The Darkness devil then pointed towards Denji "That boy over there... Is the-"

"MASTER CHAINSAW!" 

Beam leaped towards the Darkness devil as he thought it would attack Denji. Before he could land any hits, multiple holes formed in his head and body, which killed him immediately.