Chapter 9: New Buddies (Short Chapter)

Hey

You're finally awake. You're the one that tried to cross the border, right?

--------------------------------------------

"These horns..." Makima inspected Power's horns, which were larger and longer. There's also an additional horn on each side of her head "You drank too much blood, didn't you, Power?"

Denji had recently found out about Power's horn situation after waking up. They had a party after they got home. Aki was the first one to get knocked out cold, and Himeno the last. 

Once they found about the horns, they immediately went straight to Makima and reported it to her. Y/N did not come with them as he just went back to sleep. 

"Did you drink a lot of blood during your fight with the zombies? You need to be sure to drain the blood" 

"Yes ma'am" the nervous Power replied.

"Drain the blood?" Denji asked. 

"Power here has her blood drained periodically. If we don't do that, she'd become an even scarier and arrogant devil than she already is. So, do you mind if I borrow her for a while, Denji?" 

Power was shaking her head. Denji didn't really care whether she likes it or not, though "Sure, take her as long as you need" 

The door suddenly swung open, and the glorious Y/N entered the room "Alright, I'm here" 

"Well, if it isn't saucy Y/N" Makima then checked her watch "You're late" 

"Yeah, well, you called me over on a weekend. You should've expected that" Y/N yawned.

"Y/NNNNNNN! SAVE ME!" Power yelled. 

Y/N gave Denji a look that says 'Context?'. Denji scratched his head as he tried to summarize it. 

"Well, Power here needs to get her blood drained to get her back to normal" 

"Ah, well, go ahead Makima" 

Power looked shocked "Y/N?!" 

"Sorry not sorry, can't have you punching me around like Denji" Y/N said, recalling the time when she punched Denji through the ceiling. 

"Y/NNNNNN!" Power yelled again as she gets dragged by a hunter. 

"Now, as for Denji's buddy while I'm borrowing her... He mentioned wanting to pair up with you"

Y/N noticed on the ground a head, which looked like a shark. It suddenly jumped towards Denji, hugging him. 

Y/N would've punched the shark fiend in the face for surprising him if it weren't for the fact that Makima is watching.

"MASTER CHAINSAW! MASTER CHAINSAW!" the very ecstatic fiend said. Denji did not hesitate to punch the fiend on the chin, which made him a nosebleed. 

"Who's he?" Y/N asked

"The shark fiend, he's generally such a frenzy that he's not much for conversation, but he said he'd do whatever Denji tells him to do" Makima answered. 

"Why?" Denji asked.

"I'm not really sure, but maybe because you two look similar?" 

"MASTER CHAINSAW! MASTER CHAINSAW! ORDERS! ABSOLUTE! MASTER CHAINSAW! STRONGEST! BEST!" 

"Quit clinging onto me! I'm not into guys!" Denji said as he was having a hard time getting the fiend off of him. After a while, he stared at the ground.