chapter 26

Charles' POV:
Yesterday had been the best night of my life. The date was perfect, Alex was perfect. I did not expect her to firstly expect her to say that she wanted to come out to the media with our relationship. I didn't want to push her into doing it, but yesterday she seem so sure. And secondly I did not expect her to say "I love you". I mean I have felt these feelings for her for quite a while, but I was too scared to actually say it to her. That's one thing I love about her, her bravery.

Last night we had to run back to the car soaking wet. After our magical kiss at the beach we both got soaked. We didnt expect the rain to come in that fast.

Today it was Friday  which meant practice at the track. I was excited about racing here in Barcelona, but if I'm being honest I was the most excited about Alex being here. I knew she had been at races before,but now the circumstances were diffrent. I didn't have to be afraid about what could happen if the media potentially saw Alex or us together.

I arrived at the paddock at the same times as Carlos. I walked up to him to say hi.

-Hey Charles, he said before I could say hi. You look happy today? Has something special happened?

-What? That was all I could say before Pierre arrived.

-Oh hey man! Pierre exclaimed. You look extra happy today.

-I'm j-, I tried but then Lando arrived.

-Why is Charles so happy? He asked looking at Carlos and Pierre.

-Okay please, I tried again but they didn't let me finish. Then Alex Albon arrived.

-Oh hey Charles you look happy today, he said stopping where all of us were standing.

-Okay okay please just let me talk, I said and finally they listened.

I told them how Alex had said she wanted to let the media and the fans know about our relationship ship. I also told them how she said "I love you"

-I'm happy for you, Pierre said when I was finished.

-Yeah man you deserve to be happy, Carlos added.

-Thanks guys.

-See I knew you liked her from the time she sat down next to us on that flight, Albon said.

-Oh hey whats happening  Lewis said when he entered the paddock. Is it just me or is Charles happier than normal?

-Not just you, Lando said.

As we stood there Daniel and Max arrived too, wanting to know what was happening.

-Oh hey there, Daniel said.

Before either of us could say hi back Max said laughingly:

-Did Charles get laid or why is he so smiley?

-Oh my god is everybody going to ask me why I'm happy? I said sighing. Am I not a smiley person?

All of them kind of shook their head or said straight up no. We had been standing there for quite a while discussing if I was a happy person or not. Quite a few photographers had been gathering around wondering why so many of us drivers were standing there not going to our motorhomes.

After a while we realized that we had to go. I left the boys and started walking with Carlos. We walked to the bright red Ferrari motorhome.

-Hey Charles, he said. I really meant what I said. You deserve to be happy and Alex is great. Just remember that I want to be your best man when you get married.

-Carlos let's just don't jump to far ahead of ourselves.

Me and Carlos both laughed. Life was good. I was living my best life, doing what I always dreamed of. This year I even had the chance to fight for the championship. Eventhough all of that was everything I have ever dreamed of nothing beats meeting someone like Alex. She has change my life. I love Formula One and always will, but thanks to Alex I know there will always be more than just racing.

Both FP1 and FP2 went good. Both me and Carlos got everything we wanted done. Alex had not been in the paddock today as she wanted to explore Barcelona. Last time here she didn't really get the chance and with it only being Friday the track wouldn't be that fun for her.

When I had done everything at the track I got ready to head on out. As I started leaving the paddock Kym Ilman, the photographer stopped me.

-Hey Charles could I just get a few pictures, he said behind the kamera. I love when you smile like this.

-Oh y-yeah sure, I said stopping.

Did Alex really have this huge impact on how I felt? Like so people noticed? Wow I'm in deep.

I posed for a few pictures and then started leaving. The ride to the hotel was nice and quite. After this day I was quite tried. It had been a long day with all the questions.

I got back to the hotel room pretty quickly. The card against the door was the best sound I've heard all day. It meant that I could finally rest. When I entered the room I saw Alex running towards me.

-Ahh I missed you today, Alex said running into my arms and wrapping her legs around my torso. I am never missing a Friday again.

I laughed. She was so funny and I loved that about her.

-Oh if you say so, I said winking.

I took of my shoes and jumped on the bed. Alex had been studying as her computer and notes were out. She quickly removed them and jumped in the bed with me.

I told her all about the day jawning. I told her about what happend when I entered the paddock and all the drivers asked me about being happy.

-Oh so you were happy today? Why? She asked sneaky.

-Maybe because I have the best girlfriend in the world and she makes me really happy, I said starring into her eyes.

Both of us were getting tired after our long days and you could notice.

-Hey Charl, Alex said getting closer to my chest. I love you.

My heart stopped for a minute. I would take me some time getting used to hearing her say that.

-Alex I love you too.

———