-Chapter 6-

It's been around ten minutes since I narrowly escaped the strange naked woman whom I landed on top of. I didn't even question her title as "Leo's girlfriend". I mean what did I expect. With a man like that there's no way he hasn't slept with many women before. And I would've ended up like the rest of them if I didn't hate his guts.

She had pushed me off of her and continued striding down the hall, moving her hips back and forth in a hypnotizing motion. As if nothing even happened.  She gave me one last deadly look before turning the corner and heading towards where Leo's room was. I shrugged it off, straightening  my shoulders and continuing down the hallway. A set of dark wood double doors catching my attention. There were many engravings of mystical creatures etched into the soft wood. I let my fingers run over a mermaids face. Her full lips and almond eyes were so inhumanly beautiful, I tilted my head, trying to get a closer look.

"Beautiful work isn't it?" A soft female voice spoke from behind me. I whipped around and was met with the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Her dark hair was whipped into effortless looking curls, falling over her tanned shoulders. Her black eyes shone under the bright light of the hallway and she gave me a warm smile, revealing two rows of perfectly white teeth. "Sofia." She said as she held our her hand, her fingers covered in gold rings and her nails manicured to perfection.

I hesitantly took it, hoping this wasn't another one of Leo's hookups. "Athena." I said back, confident yet humble. "If your looking for Leo, his room is around the corner. If you didn't already know." I said, crossing my arms tightly over my chest. Sofia burst our laughing, a pleasant full melody, ringing throughout the hallway. She finally caught her breath and held a hand up, waving it in the air.

"No, no, no," she said as she smiled at me, her eyes full of life, "Leo's is like a brother to me. I'm one of the palaces personal guard. We basically grew up together." My face immediately heated up in embarrassment and I hid it behind my hands. I didn't even know what to say. Of course I had to assume the worst, as I do most of the time, and humiliate myself. "I'm so sorry," I stumbled over my words, "I just ran into this women and she claimed to be his girlfriend and she wasn't exactly dressed and I just assumed-" Sofias laugh cut me off, making me stare at her like a deer in headlights. "What?" I huffed. I knew at this point I just looked like a stupid idiot.

"Calm down," she said softly, "Leo doesn't have a girlfriend. That was probably Elena. They broke up over two years ago and she still refuses to accept it. She comes in here all the time, dressed in cheap lingerie, thinking she's the shit. The problem is, she's never kicked out until morning." Her voice trailed off and she gave me a small smile, as if to ease the conversation.

I just nodded. I knew how Leo was. It was quite obvious by his cockiness and the way he flirts. I glanced quickly at the corner that turned to Leo's room, there was no sign of Elena. They were probably fucking right now, thank goodness the walls are thick.

"If it helps," Sofia said, breaking my train of thought, "this room you were about to enter is a spare bedroom if you would like me to call maids to fix it up for you." I grinned, "Thank you, Sofia. I would rather rot on the hallway floor than sleep anywhere near him."

She giggled, a rather calming sound, "Of course! And believe me, I know. When we were younger, mother and I would always talk about how worried we were for when he gets older." I smiled at her, the only decent person I've met in this castle. In fact, in my entire life. "I'll get the maids to fix it up for you. Meanwhile, would you like to take a shower or anything?" Sofia spoke in such a caring way, a way Ive never been spoken to before.

"I'm good, thanks." She gave me one more warm smile before turning on the heel of her fluffy pink slippers and grabbing her phone, chatting to someone as she walked away. Not even less than one minute went by when three young women came bustling towards the room, holding fluffy new towels, toiletries and other comforting items.

"Wait out here Madam, we mustn't allow you in such an unprepared room." The one maid said, the shortest and oldest out of the three. "It's fine, really. I don't mind." I protested, but she cut me off with the scrunch of her nose and the waggle of her finger. I stood outside, leaning against the wall when they all bursted out, bowed down and waddled away.

My eyes were drooping and I yawned as I stepped into the room. It wasn't as grand or big as Leo's, which made me love it more. The floors were a dark washed wood with a threaded tan carpet. There was a bed right in the center, with a white comforter and lavender purple sheets. On the far right of the room was a giant window, moonlight pouring in. Sitting below it was a dark oak desk, with a stack of paper and a pen.

To the far left was the giant closet doors and what I was assuming was the bathroom. To lazy to check it out, I collapsed right on the bed. My body sunk slowly into the memory foam mattress and I groaned in delight. My eyes shut as soon as my head hit the pillows, sleep enveloping me. That was until I realized I left something very important in Leo's closet. Something very deadly.

I jumped out of the unbelievably comfy bed, a sudden urge of adrenaline surging through my veins. My dagger was placed right under a few of his shirts, not exactly hidden very well. I nearly hit myself out of the sheer stupidity I had displayed.

I crept out the room silently, the floor boards squeaking quietly. I winced as one specific board made a loud groaning noise. I continued down the hallway and make the turn, Leo's room only a few doors away. I grabbed the golden door knobs and twisted them, making no noise. I almost cried out of happiness when the door fully swung open, no noise made at all.

I tiptoed in, not wanting to disturb the sleeping prince. And his mistress. There Elena was, her auburn hair sprawled out across the gray pillows. Her arms wrapped tightly around Leo's waist. His hair was a mess and both of their lips were swollen and red. Hers even had some small breakage, dried blood on the hood of her lip. He must be rough I guess.

I pried the closet door open, slipping inside with ease. Once inside I smiled and took a deep breath of relief. I walked over to the polished shelf and flipped the first three dress shirts up, ready to grab my dagger and run. It wasn't there.

I thought I must've misplaced it. I frantically checked around, even searching in the suits that hung neatly on a rack. "Where the hell-" I whispered before I felt something cold on my neck. The sharp metal of the weapon holding me still in my place threatened at biting into the soft flesh on my neck. I refused to even move a muscle, afraid one wrong step and my throat would be slit open.

The knife fidgeted slightly, sending a shiver down my spine. A deep voice spoke, one I recognized and dreaded, "Looking for something?"

-Authors note-
Oh shittttt, is it just me or is it getting hot in here.
Well let's hope Athena doesn't die or anything
Chapter 7 will be our as soon as I can publish it for you guys
Bye <333