-Chapter 11-

That night I couldn't sleep. The wetness was still evident in the gap between my legs. My gaze was stuck on the ceiling. I leaned over to look at my holo pad projecting the time. 3:42 am. I pulled the comforter up to my face and hid under it squeezing my eyes shut, begging sleep to take over. But it wouldn't.

The scene just kept replaying in my head. His squeeze on my body, the force, the dominance, the-ugh. I stopped my train of thought before I could replenish the puddle in my underwear. Yet no matter how hard I tried, I could still feel the lingering tingle of the trail of kisses he left on my neck. Stop it Athena. My internal monologue screamed at me. Restless, I stepped out of bed and walked over to the double doors leaving my room. Reaching my hand out to the handle I hesitated and retreated my hand slightly. Don't do it Athena. Stay out. But my hand grasped the handle and yanked the door open. My feet started carrying me down the hall, through the turn...

ATHENA! DON'T!

There I was. Opening the door to his bedroom. The fluorescent hallway lights poured into the dark room, saturating the colorful marble floors. In the darkness I could make out the silhouette of the sleeping man. I let out a sigh of relief that he hadn't been awaken from the flood of light and closed the door quietly behind me. I crept silently over to the bedside and peered as best I could through the darkness at the peaceful man before me. His bare chest heaved in a rhythmic pattern as his body was in a deep sleep. His face was softened from his usual hard look and for once he looked... beautiful. Not the usual terrifyingly gorgeous. Just simple and calm and beautiful.

I was thankful he didn't look as innocent as this all the time or else my task would be more complicated. I made my way to the other side of the bed and climbed in carefully. If I woke him he might think this was another surprise attack. Although this was indeed the perfect opportunity, I couldn't do it. Not yet anyway. Once I secured my people and his-ours- I would kill him and finally do right by my people. Unite the two kingdoms together. Once and for all.

The thought eased my mind. My parents would be gone, Leo would be gone. Everyone that's ever hurt me would be gone. It could just be me giving the people the lives they deserve and Ina could be my personal assistant. I let my body sink into the comfy bed, Leo's scent wrapping me up in a warm embrace. He smelled of cinder and oak with a hint of mint. The heat emitting off his body and his scent lulled me off into a deep sleep, even if I was as far from his body as possible.

"Hmmm what's my lil troublemaker doing here?" A taunting voice echoed through my head. My eyes slowly peeled open, sunlight piercing them and I immediately squeezed them shut. My head pounded due to the lack of sleep and intoxicating smell of the man currently leaning over my slumped form. "Athena. Get the fuck out of my bed. I'm flattered, truly, but you're the one who wanted your own room." I groaned, shoving my face into a pillow. "Shut up." My voice came out hoarse and muffled.

"Says the woman who snuck into my bed last night. Couldn't resist after our little moment?" I lifted my head up just enough to laugh out of pure second hand embarrassment. "You egocentric bitch. My bed wasn't comfortable at all. I think ur maids fucked it up." He chuckled in response, "My maids don't simply 'fuck shit up'. Now if you don't get that pretty little ass out of my view I might have to fuck some shit up."

That statement sent me scrambling out of the bed immediately and running into his bathroom. I had completely forgotten I was just wearing a t-shirt and a lacy thong Ina stole from a shop in the city. I guess she had a knack for stealing things. My reflection in the mirror disgusted me. My hair was a mess as per usual but I had deep purple bags under my eyes and dried drool on my chin. I groaned, splashing my face with cool water.

I stepped out into the room again and found Leo sprawled across the bed with a holo pad out, typing up something I couldn't quite decipher. I was still enthralled about our little interaction last night and thought what better way than to get back at him. With a devilish smirk growing on my face I tied my hair up in a messy bun and walked over to Leo. He peered up at me for a moment, saw the look on my face, and hastily returned to whatever he was doing.

When I reached him I bent over so our faces were about 4 inches apart. My nail traces up his large, muscular thigh and stopped to t0y with the end of his boxers. He sucked in a sharp breath and looked at me, that lustful look returning to his eyes. Perfect. I swung my legs over his abdomen so I was now straddling him. "What are you doing, mi bella?" I just smiled before slowly starting to rock my hips back and forth.

I could feel it almost immediately. Right though the thin fabric of his briefs. I was surprised at the size but chose to act oblivious to it. Besides, what did I have to compare it to? Leo's eyes screwed shut and I moaned in satisfaction, but mainly to set him off. That small noise alone made him growl grabbing my hips with such force it surprised me. Seeing how desperate he looked confirmed the control I had over him. I grinned before unhooking his hands and stepping back over him and off the bed.

I walked towards the door. Just as I was about to leave, I turned and gave him my most innocent smile, "Two can play at that game."

As I was making my way back to room, I ran into Sofia. "Athena! I was looking for you! My mother is finalizing some things for the wedding and wanted me to confirm with you." I gave her an awkward smile and nodded, "Whatever she picks will be amazing." Noticing my anxious movements, she scanned me up and down and then glanced where I just came from. Her mouth dropped open. "Did you-"

"NO!" I caught her off abruptly. Her mouth snapped shut. "I'm so sorry that was harsh but I just locked myself out of my room and had to go get a spare key and of course I was in my pajamas and I'm sorry again-" Sofia stopped my rambling with the wave of her hand and I silently thanked her. When I get nervous I either yell or I ramble. Either way I freak out. "I can tell you're stressed about this whole wedding thing, which I totally understand. How about you come out to the city with me and Angelo?"

The mention of Angelo made me roll my eyes. Even remembering the cringey awkwardness of the strange male made me want to gag in disgust. But Sofias pleading smile and warm eyes made it impossible for me to say no. "Sure." Her smile only widened and I realized I may be regretting that decision very soon.

The hover came to a smooth stop as we reached the Main Street of the city. I've never been in a city before. Not even my own city. Not even my own people. I've hardly been outside castle walls. My heart ached only for a moment before Sofias voice distracted me. "Angelo c'mon get out of the car." Angelo had been exceptionally annoying this entire hover ride. He was fidgeting around the whole time. And when the hover asked where we wanted to go, he replied with "Your moms house."

Not only did he have the humor of an eleven year old, but also the manners. As we walked down the line of shops, in two blocks he had flirted with a total of seven girls. Three being at least ten years older then him. When we stopped for the eighth time, Sofia gave me an apologetic look and I just gave her a forgiving smile in return.

"You guys don't even want to know how many numbers I got today." Angelo stated as he sauntered back over. "You're right," I mumbled, "we don't want to know." Angelo came over and rubbed his hand on my head, messing the waves up, "Aw don't be jealous Ant. You'll always be my #1 firecracker."  "I'm not jealous dipshit I just wish someone would step on your ego instead of inflate it." He chuckled, "Why have people step on it when I have you to stomp on it." I actually smiled at that one.

The afternoon passed by quickly and soon the sun was setting over the top of the cities tallest towers. I actually learned to enjoy Angelo's company. But only a little and for short amounts of time. Thankfully I had Sofias patient mind to keep me from strangling him. "I called a hover to come get us, it'll be next to the cafe on Crescent Street." Sofia alerted us as Angelo high jumped over a little android. It's glossy white bulb shaped body teetered on its wheels a little from the impact before continuing down the sidewalk unfazed.

"I love those strange little guys. So much information packed in there bulbous little bodies." I gave Angelo a "wtf is wrong with you" look before focusing back on the treck ahead of us. We still had a little walk to go and the streets were emptying out as it was almost dinner time.

We reached Crescent Street after what felt like hours and Sofia went to open the hover door when someone jumped out. I screamed and Sofia and Angelo whipped out pistols. Unfortunately, the masked man had a gun of his own. Even more unfortunately, it was pointed at my head. "Give me the princess of Facia, and no one gets hurt."