-Chapter 10-

Leo and I made our way into the dining room, ready to welcome our distinguished guests. My arm was looped through his and it was hard not to feel the bulge of his bicep through the thin silk material. He leaned over to whisper in my ear, "Mess this up, and I will punish you."

Should that phrase have been threatening? Yes. But
I found it exhilarating. Yes we wanted to murder each other. But, we couldn't deny the physical attraction between the two of us. Now it was just a game of whoever could withstand the longest.

The thought of him and Elena in bed together crossed my mind and I cringed. The tingle in my stomach and the throbbing in my area came to an abrupt end with that imagery. I refocused my attention on the people in front of us. There were at least eight people. Guards and ambassadors as well as the royal couples themselves. "Welcome to the kingdom of Gaiden. Me and my fiancé are happy to have you and hope our hospitality meets your expectations." Leo's tone shocked me. He sounded so... prestigious.

I bit my lip to hold back a snicker. The king of I don't know what spoke first. His warm almond shaped eyes had years of smile lines imprinted around them and his kind smile put my nerves at ease. "Thank you prince Leo for having me and my wife, Queen Lin. We are honored to have this moment to discuss our future coalitions as you will be king soon." Queen Lin smiled at me and for a moment, I felt safe.

The other king simply nodded in agreement, his thin snow colored hair almost appearing to be glued to his bald head. His wife also had snow colored hair and beaming red eyes. We made eye contact and I shuddered. Leo tightened his grip on my arm, as a sign of comfort? I glanced up at him but he was staring at the guests. I shook the though from my head. He just didn't want the Queen to notice my slight terror of her distinct features.

The dinner was long and boring. If it weren't for the constant entrees and meals being brought I would've fell asleep. Leo and the kings maintained most of the conversations. The woman just sat and ate. Queen Lin and scary lady at least looked engaged. Me on the other hand probably looked completely disgusted. Thankfully, Leo was too indulged in political discussion to notice my disinterest. I had no intention of finding out what that punishment was.

I was poking at the tiramisu on my plate, finding the slight jiggle of the dessert far more entertaining than any of these conversations. "As future kind of Gaiden I'm glad we decided to remain all of our peace treaties with the kingdom of Wux and Pergan." Leo stated and I was zoning in and out until I heard the king of scary lady land speak up, "Since you're wedding to the princess of Facia," my head shot up, "don't you think it's only right to create treaties between our kingdoms and hers." The man said, directing towards me.

Under the table, Leo gripped my thigh tightly. Even through the thousand layers of the gown. "Well, I'm sure my dear princess Athena can answer that question. Right amor?" I hadn't heard him call me that in awhile and the tingles came back, involuntarily. I didn't even know what it meant. My parents never really sought to give their only child a proper education.

I cleared my throat and clasped my hand on top of Leo's. Digging my nails into the flesh of his hand I spoke, "My first act as Queen will be signing a treaty between countries for I will always put the best interests of my people first." The ambassadors broke out into a whisper and the royals looked shocked. I mean, of course they were. My parents had to be the worst rulers of the time. To hear their daughter say something that actually has logical reason was probably quite a shock.

Leo, satisfied, removed the death grip from my thigh but his hand remained, despite the crescent moon shaped indents on the back of his hand.

The dinner finally came to an end and we farewelled our lovely guests. Note the sarcasm. "I still don't know which kingdom was which." I muttered. Leo scowled and grabbed my arms, pinning them to my sides and forcing me to look at him. "I noticed you weren't exactly paying the most attention, trouble. What did I tell you?" He growled.

"That if I messed up you would punish me blah blah." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. This act of immaturity only seemed to anger him more. His nostrils flared and his icy blue eyes crackled. He pulled me closer in a swift movement, nearly knocking me off my feet. Yet, I showed no sign of intimidation. Instead, I smiled. A menacing, smug, smile. "Fuck," he hissed, "you make me so fucking mad."

I laughed, "Isn't that the whole point?" Heat flushed his tanned skin and his grip on my arms tightened. Feeling confident, I peered up at him, through the thickness of my full eyelashes and watched as lust clouded his orbs. "You fucking enrage me, bella." He paused, his breath getting lower, "but fuck, do I want to do things to you."

Leo's POV

Her green eyes peered up at me with pure innocence. Her full lashes only making her look even more desirable. Those full lips and rosy cheeks. And her body. Fuck. Her body. But the sexiest thing about her was her stubbornness. Her fearlessness. It just made me want to both torture her and do nasty things with her. She's clouded my dreams. Clouded my vision. When she walks in a room I can't keep my eyes from staring.

The way her curves dip in and her full breasts pop out of anything she wears. And those big green eyes. They swirled with anger. Determination. But right now they swirled with lust. And innocence. The fact that this girl has never been touched. Kissed. Claimed.

I shook the thought from my head. She was doing these things to torment me. And right now she was winning. My grip tightened on her arms but she didn't even flinch. I pulled her closer until her body was pressed against mine. I leaned down to her ear and whispered, "You disobeyed me, trouble." She shuddered. How I loved when I made her body react. 

I grabbed the bun at the back of her head and pulled, her head lurched back her mouth flying open, her eyes screwing shut. The sight made me want her even more. Her neck was bare and open. I noticed the small scar I had left on her neck. I leaned down and gently kissed it, lingering a second longer. Her body trembled and I smirked. She was mine. Mine to have. Mine to kill. Mine.

-AUTHORS NOTE-
-sooo yeah
-no words
Thanks for reading <3