《 15 》

Y/N's POV

I was laying on my bed wrapped in the new blanket I'm assuming either Haru or Eunji had gotten for me and reading one of the books they had also gifted me. All of a sudden Eunji burst through the door causing me to visibly flinch as I pressed myself as far into my padded headboard as I could. She was fuming as she stormed over to me. "What are you doing, Eunji?" I asked, kind of frightened by her determined gaze as I leaned back the closer, she got. She sat right in front of me crossing her legs.

"We are hanging out," she said curtly, giving me a pointed look.

"But I was reading and-."

"And what? Why are you now avoiding us Y/N? You were just fine a week ago, now you won't let us stay and eat with you or talk to you at all for that matter," Eunji said looking hurt. I honestly didn't expect this kind of reaction from her when I started distancing myself. I'm practically a stranger that they've barely known for a week. It should have been the least of their worries. I bit my lip contemplating if I should tell her why I had been pushing them away.

"I don't want to get too attached..." I whispered, turning my gaze down to my lap, feeling guilty. Eunji's face morphed into a look of confusion, all signs of anger or agitation leaving her face.

"What?"

"I didn't want to get attached because then I knew it would be hard to leave when the time came, and I like you and Haru so much already. I just - I didn't know what to do other than push you away," I said, feeling guilty and childish for handling things this way. "I lost my parents and my pack at a young age, and it was one of the hardest things for me to deal with, and I was alone for a long time. Then, the last time I got close to someone I lost them, and it nearly killed me. I can't get close to someone again just to lose them." Eunji's expression softens as she reaches to grab my hand that was resting in my lap, giving it a light squeeze.

"I can't imagine how hard it is to lose those closest to you, but please don't push us away Y/N, don't think about what's going to happen in the future, just live in the moment, just for a little bit. We all miss you. Namjoon, Hoseok, Tae, and Jin had a lot of fun meeting you," Eunji said, trying to coax me back out of my shell. "But it's completely your choice if you want to see them again." I knew it would be hard to leave when the time came and that I shouldn't be letting my guard down so easily around these people, but I did miss Eunji and Haru, and doing activities by yourself could only take you so far. I bit my lip, nodding my head hesitantly.

"Okay, I wouldn't mind seeing them again, and I'm sorry Eunji," I said, lightly swigging our held hands as I hunched my shoulders in regret.

"Don't apologize please," she fretted, pulling me into an almost crushing embrace. "Now come with me!" Eunji beamed, the seriousness of the conversation long forgotten as she eagerly yanked me off my bed, earning a yelp from me.

"What are you doing?" I squeaked as she dragged me out of the room, pulling me through the halls. Seeing I was going to be on edge till she answered my question, Eunji stopped abruptly, turning around to face me.

"We are going to spend time with everyone," she said nonchalantly with a shrug of her shoulders. I felt knots start to form in my stomach, and my hands start to clam up.

"E-everyone!? B-but I haven't met everyone yet, and I think it'll be too many alphas in one room for me to handle at once," I stalled trying to make excuses to drag myself back to my room. Eunji looked unimpressed as I practically dug my heels into the ground.

"You've seen Jeongguk twice and you've seen that he isn't a bad person. As for Yoongi, he most likely won't even leave his office, and you've already met Namjoon and Hoseok, so they shouldn't be bothering you, and our other male friend, Jimin, is a Beta," Eunji reasoned before continuing to drag me to the living room. Once we entered the living room Eunji let go of my hand before sitting down next to Namjoon. I just stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do next, Haru was sitting with her mate on the middle couch, Hoseok was on the one closest to me along with Jimin who I still hadn't met, and Eunji and Namjoon were on the furthest one away from me. Once Haru noticed my presence she bounced off the couch with a bright smile on her face.