chapter 4- avoiding.

Beta jason p.o.v.

It's been a week since my mate turned up on our territory. As a rogue. I'm still pissed at the moon goddess for giving me a rogue as my mate when she knows I cant stand them. However I will give her credit as she has picked out the most beautiful woman on the planet.

Isabella is absolutely beautiful. The most beautiful person I have ever seen and I'm not just saying it because she is my mate.

Its been a week yet I still haven't spoken to her. I like to walk where she has been so I can smell her scent but that's about it. Even if I was to speak to her what do I say? Hello I wish you wasnt a rogue? I feel so many emotions.

I want to grab her, kiss her, mark and mate with her and hold her all day long. The other side of me wants to stay as far away from her as possible but still in sight so if she is in danger I can protect her. All this just because she is a rogue. But I just cant get over it.

I have been busying myself all week with pack work just to avoid her as much as I can. I have noticed that luna cassie has been getting really close with her. I listen in to cassie conversation with alpha kane about her a lot. I think they know I'm listening but I cant bring myself to care I just need to know how she is doing and if she is okay all the time. It helps me sleep a little tiny bit better and helps me focus knowing she is okay.

I decided I needed to take a break from the paperwork so I got up and went to the pack kitchen to grab a bite to eat.

As I walked in I could smell her scent all  around the pack. However it was coming from the kitchen the strongest as was luna cassie scent and Keaton's. I also noticed how good she is with kids. It makes me wonder what she would be like with our pups. I shove that thought to the back of my mind as soon as it came. I shouldnt be thinking like that. She is the kind of what killed my parents.

This made me a little angered and I stormed into the kitchen. I bowed to luna and then walked straight passed them to the fridge. I noticed how there conversation had quietened down since I walked in apart from keaton and his friends still talking and eating.

I warmed up my food in the microwave and grabbed a bottle of water to start drinking it. For the first time since walking in I properly looked at my mate and my breathing hitched. She seems to get more and more beautiful.

The ping of the microwave pulled me out of staring at my mate. I know she knew I was staring and could tell by the pink of her cheek for blushing. I smirked but then turned around and picked my food out the microwave.

Being around her helped me relax and I also wanted to hear her voice so I decided to eat in the kitchen.  I could tell this suprised both the luna and isabella. I paid them no mind and carried on eating. They starting talking about some gossip and girly shit that I couldn't give a fuck about but I listened anyways just to hear her voice.

I finished my food so I put the dish in the dishwasher and I mindlinked Luna cassie.

"Has she eaten today luna" I asked. I dont even know what made me ask her but I just need to make sure she ate.

"Who " luna asked playing dumb which made a small growl come out my throat.

"Isabella" I replied growling a little more not liking the game she playing and not in the mood for it. I'm guessing she clicked onto that as she replied with. ...

"No, not yet" she replied softly.

I cut the mindlink of and went to the fridge. I had a look at what left over food there was and seen curry and rice. I knew she liked this as o over heard isabella and luna cassie talking about it the other day.  I put it in the microwave and as soon as it pinged I grabbed a fork and walked up to her.

I put the food right infront of her and she jumped not expecting me to be so close to her.

"Eat" I said huskily but also firmly.

Then I started to walk away like nothing happened while the others gaped at me. However what they didnt know was my heart was pounding out my chest and I was anxious hoping she would actually eat it.

I was nearly out the door when I heard her speak.

"Thank you" she replied in the softest voice I have ever heard.

I just walked out not knowing what to say back.

I went back to my office and did more pack business.

A few hours later.

I had just finished packing my stuff up ready to go home when luna cassie walked in with alpha kane behind her. She was bright red and was fuming with anger and  was clearly upset with me. I hold my hands up and asked.

"What have I done now"

"You hurt her! You hurt her feelings. She thought maybe just maybe you was getting somewhere when you made her that food. Do you not understand how happy you made her feel just by that small gesture. All for you to avoid her again. Grrr I cant with you"

"I understand you are my luna and have all the respect for you that I can. I also understand you have made good friends with isabella but what happens between myself and her does not concern you. I will not ever mate with a rogue never ever.!! "

Just as I finished saying that I got a swift of her scent. Shit ! I knew there was no going back from that.

I heard a whimper that broke my heart. I knew she heard it all. My heart clenched and I nearly let a whimper escape my lips. I heard pitter patter feet running away from my office and I knew isabella ran away back to her room. Luna glared one last time with tears in her eyes from what I just said about her best friend and stormed off away from me and to make sure her best friend is okay.

Alpha kand looked at me and he seemed just as lost as I am. I sighed and rubbed my face.

"I dont even know what to say to you man. I understand both point of views but I'm gonna keep out of this"

"I think it's best to be honest. Thanks brother"

"Always here for you man always"

"Thank you same goes "

He walked away and I sat here thinking to myself. I didnt even mean one word I said so why did I say it. I just feel so confused. I try to gate her but I can't.

What is happening to me?

I walk out the office ready to go home when I overhear luna tell alpha that she wont open the door and wont even speak but she could hear isabella crying.

I whimpered and went home. I couldn't sleep not even a little bit. I tossed and turned but couldn't seem to get any sleep what so ever. I whimpered thinking about isabella and just wanting her in my arms. That night I got no sleep what so ever.