Chapter 3: The Chieftess

After finishing my share of work, Mistress Amy commanded that I take some bread from stock directly to the Chieftess herself. My heart drops as she tells me this and I immediately hop to it. I had never seen the Chieftess outside of any speeches given by her, so this was truly terrifying.

I head to the stock and grab a basket and fill it with plenty of bread. I visibly shake as I grab the bread, not expecting such a task to ever be assigned to me. As I tremble I head directly to the Chieftess's quarter.

When I arrive at the Chieftess's quarter I am immediately met by 2 guards dressed in chainmail armor. Nowadays, it was rare to see any sort of metal, so to see guards wearing metal armor obviously meant that they were guarding something very important.

"Hold it slave" the left guard says, standing at a height of 9'0. "State your claim" I gulp and then show her the basket of bread "I-I-I was assigned to bring the bread to t-the Chieftess" They both nod before letting me through.

As I head inside I tremble and shake all over. As I walk in, I see the Chieftess being catered to by women who were much shorter than her. By what you could observe, she stood at a height of 10 feet, maybe even slightly taller. She notices me and responds with "Oh great! The bread's here! Go set it over there and pour me a glass of wine, slave" I obediently do so, setting the bread aside and grabbing the bottle of wine.

I hear the Chieftess's female servants laugh at the jokes she tells, giggling as she tells stories of her hunts. I grab a wooden chalice and pour wine into it. I focus as hard as I can as I pour the wine into the chalice, the bottle shaking in my hand. I continue to pour it until I hear a sound that could be heard around the world three times. A drop of wine had spilled.

The Chieftess immediately stares at me and I feel a cold feeling run down my back. Her and the two women stare at me for what felt like hours, even though it was really just a couple of seconds. "How about you wait outside for a bit huns" They both nod, seeming to feel a bit bad for me. "Yes Chieftess Hannah."

And with that, my fate was sealed.