In a heartbeat, Lou

Here is your chapter, guys! Love you all xoxo

Louis has been sitting in Simon's office now for ten minutes. He arrived, Simon said he had to pick up something and he would be back, but he still isn't. He's annoyed. It's a bad day so he decides to play the game every mom plays: Candy Crush saga.

Louis is about to connect three red beans when he gets a message notification from Zayn.

Z- Guess who's at reception?

L- What are you even doing at reception?

Z- Sylvia is working, she's hot. Anyway, so, guess who's at reception?

L- You

L- And Sylvia

Z- The watermelon man is here

Louis rolls his eyes.

L- Didn't know there was a Gucci store in here

L- Or a strip club

Z- You can make jokes about it, but next to him was Simon

Louis just received the message when the door from the office opens again.

"For fuck's sake." Louis mumbles when Simon enters together with a tall guy, bunch of curls and jeans that's way too skinny.

"Sorry for the wait, Louis. Mister Styles, you can take place here. Do you want something to drink?"

"I'm alright, thank you." Harry smiles.

"Thank you, mister Styles for agreeing to work with us. It's a great honor."

"What is this all about?" Louis asks. "Working with us?" Louis raises an eyebrow. He refuses to give Harry a single look. He is in his working place and it bothers him.

"Glad you're asking, Louis." Simon smiles. "Harry here is going to be part of our campaign. He is going to be the face of the new perfume line and hair products! He will be the ambassador of our brand together of course with you, our social media assistant."

"You are joking, right?" a humorless laugh leaves Louis' lips.

"You know I don't do humor, Louis."

"So what does this include? What does this mean?" Louis can feel it, feel the negative energy already coming over him. This has been a shit day already and here is Harry sitting next to him, probably also going to be his work buddy, fucking hell.

"Well, actually it starts immediately." Simon smiles. "Harry will have a meeting with the producers of the commercial spot in an hour. You'll be there, create teasers for the new perfume line. You'll join Harry on every single event of us he attends. Every single move Harry makes that has to do with our company, Louis, you make the exact same move."

Louis looks at Harry who gives him a sheepishly smile, it pisses Louis off.

"Alright." Louis' face is emotionless. What can he do? Start a scene? Yell? It's not going to help. He has the job of his dreams now and he is not going to let it get ruined by Harry fucking Styles.

"So, thanks for coming here Louis. Kelly has sent you an email right now normally with the exact job description with mister Styles. You can go back to your desk now, be downstairs at the back exit in an hour. A car will be waiting for Harry and you there."

Louis nods and leaves the office without saying a word. He walks straight to his desk, kicking his chair when he arrives.

"I see that your mood is marvelous today. What's up, Tommo?" Zayn asks, looking up.

"I'm at the verge of breaking down this whole fucking office, Zayn." Louis growls. "I'm going outside for a cigarette." Louis grabs the little box out of his drawer and puts it in the back of his trousers, taking the elevator down to the floor of the private terrace of the building.

He takes his phone out and decides to facetime Taylor. He has to tell her about this whole situation, making sure that she knows that he is not willingly hanging out with the dick that cheated on her and broker her heart.

"Hi, Lou! Is that a cigarette?" is the first thing she says when Louis' face appears on her screen. "Put it out. Why are you stressed?"

"I told you about the promotion, right?" Louis says, ignoring the cigarette part.

"You did. You don't like the job? Babes, it's only your first day."

"You know who I have to work with?"

"Tell me, spill the tea sis."

"Your amazing ex."

"Joe?"

"No."

"Taylor?"

"No, Tay..."

"Calvin?"

"It's Harry, Taylor." Louis sighs. "For fuck's sake."

"You're joking, right?"

"I wish I was." Louis says. "I'm going to some kind of meeting with him in a bit."

"Can't believe from all people you have to work with him..." Taylor's voice is soft, broken and Louis can feel that she's on the edge of crying. Harry will always be a sore subject to her, he's sure.

"Tay, if you really don't want me to-"

"It's alright." She cuts him off. "This is your dream job and you deserve it. You shouldn't hold yourself back because he broke my heart. He didn't even do anything to you, Lou."

"He cheated on you, bad enough to me." He huffs. "Just know that I'm by your side, okay? I'm probably going to have to act like besties with him or something, but I hate his guts for hurting you always remember that okay?"

"Of course, Lou. I know. You shouldn't hate him though, I don't hate him... Do you think, maybe he wants to try to get back together with me via you?"

Louis lets Taylor's words sink in and takes a deep breath before he answers her. Sometimes he's a bit harsh and usually he can with Taylor, she's the strongest woman he knows, but not when they are talking about Harry fucking watermelon Styles.

"Tay, sweetheart don't get your hopes up..." Louis says carefully.

"But he's like trying to get closer. He was at James' show knowing that we are as well, now he has a contract with your company knowing very well you work there and he knows that we are still close. Maybe... Maybe he regrets what he did?"

"And would you forgive him?" Louis asks carefully.

"In a heartbeat, Lou."