25: In Which We Learn That Bert McCracken Does Not Like Watersports

"I'm not entirely sure how he even got himself into this mess."

"With a brick wall, that's how." Jamia laughed a little, rolling her eyes, and turning away from Lindsey, who she'd be partnered with in chemistry, and really, this wasn't the worst outcome, but she knew that it most certainly wasn't the best either.

And a lot of that was down to the fact that just about the only thing they had in common was putting up with Frank Iero's idiocy on a day to day basis, so the conversation wasn't exactly anything extraordinary.

"Yeah, I guess that's pretty obvious, but... yeah, doesn't matter." Lindsey got up from the chair that she wasn't even technically allowed to be sitting on right now, because you totally can't sit down when you're pouring some shit into a test-tube, ever, or you will totally just decompose right on the spot, like seriously, that's how science works, okay? "Do you even know what we're supposed to be doing here?"

"Nope." Jamia shook her head with a stupid ass grin, finding herself far more focused upon the extremely perplexing mystery as to just how many souls Lindsey Ballato had sold to Satan himself to look that good with those shitty ass science goggles on. Jamia reckoned Lindsey could be dressed in a fucking grape costume and still look like a fucking model, but of course, remember, no homo.

"Maybe you should have listened?" Lindsey suggested, grabbing the shit everybody else seemed to have, and watching some kid across the room pour something into a test-tube, and then trying to replicate his actions the best she could, because science.

"Maybe you should have." Jamia shrugged it off, smirking to herself, because this was probably the most fun she'd had in a chemistry lesson ever, and no it most certainly did not have anything to do with Lindsey Ballato, because remember kids, no homo.

"Look, fuck it, I'm just copying him, so we'll be fine." Lindsey gestured vaguely towards the kid she'd been copying with a pencil, and nearly ended up dropping it in the process, and it was in fact very disappointing that she didn't drop it in the end, because then, well then, Lindsey would have to bend over to pick it up.

Well, maybe it was for the better that she didn't, because Jamia was getting dangerously homo right now, and that was not a risk her heteronormativity was about to take.

"What did you mean about Frank earlier?" Jamia asked after a moment spent in silence, totally not staring at Lindsey, because no homo, and there was also the small matter of Alicia Simmons, and Jamia really wasn't trying to be an asshole here, but she was straight, so it was fine.

"What?" Lindsey jumped out of thought: a little startled by Jamia's sudden question, but still managing to look incredibly beautiful in the process. "Oh, the... the... yeah... I just, why would anyone ever even associate with Bert McCracken? You've got to admit that this is his fault, even if only just a little?"

"I don't know." Jamia shrugged, not entirely where she should stand on this in order to portray herself in the least homosexual manner possible. "A little, I guess? But I wouldn't blame him, I mean- I don't know, he's my friend - I'm biased."

"Yeah, I get what you mean, like I'd never mention this in front of Gerard for the simple fear of getting myself decapitated or something, or perhaps even Alicia, I mean, she really does like Frank- not like like, but you know, she's gotten really close with Gerard recently, and- god, Jamia, I hate to admit this, but Frank is not my favourite person in the world."

"Oh..." Jamia trailed off, her gaze hitting the floor in preparation for the inevitable cut throat awkward silence.

"Like, I know he makes Gerard so happy, and their relationship is none of my business, and he's nice to Gerard, there's real love there, anyone can see that, but... as a person, like, he's not the kind of person I'd befriend if I had a choice, sure I'll be civil, but if he wasn't dating Gerard, I reckon I'd find myself hating the guy's guts at this point, because fuck- he's just a bit of idiot, you know? And I'm kind of scared that one day he's going to be an idiot when it comes to Gerard, and Gerard's going to forgive him because they're Gerard, and I-... I... fuck, I don't even know..."