3

- July 6th, 1996/ Spinner's End

Harry Potter sighed as he knocked on the front door. He found and stole a journal of his Mums from Petunia. In it she stated Severus lived in a home on Spinner's End. He thought the entire street and the home looked like the opposite of Privet Drive. One was colorful, bright, and seemed full of life. The other was dreary, dark, and without life.

Opening the door made Harry want to curse the face. Peter Pettigrew. Bloody traitorous rat. At least until a flat baritone voice was heard from inside.

"Who is it Wormtail?" asked the voice that belonged to Severus Snape.

Sticking his head in Wormtail announced it was Harry Potter and a Weasley. From what the two witnessed, Severus ordered Wormtail to some room hidden by bookshelves full of books. The man himself stood at the doorway, the sneer prominent on his face.

"Why are you here Potter?"

"I need to speak to you. I know you are a spy. I need facts. Let's just say I'm on the fence with loyalties."

He watched as Snape's brow rose ever so slightly. Onyx eyes shifted to Percy.

"And why is he here? What about your two...friends..."

"They abandoned me. He's here because he chose to be. You don't need to know anything else pertaining him. Anything else before you allow us inside?"

"How did you find me?"

"My Mums journal."

"Lily.." Harry watched Severus think before nodding and opening the door.

As they got in they saw the small sitting room. It would fit two people decently. Three at most. It held the shelves full of books on every wall. Most bound within old black or brown leather. It had a threadbare sofa and an old armchair for seating. Next to the armchair was one rickety old table. The armchair and old table were dimly lit by a candle-filled lamp nearby. The air of neglect hung heavy as though it wasn't often inhabited.

As they sat Harry noticed Snape putting up silencing wards. Likely to keep Pettigrew from listening. He then saw an object be laid into his lap. It was a framed photo of Lily holding him as a baby. This was his Mum...

"Your Mum was one of the most important people in my life. Unfortunately in our fifth year I took my stress out on her and said a very idiotic word." admitted the man slowly. "She never fully forgave me. It also pushed her to your Dad. A man who was a bully of mine. Although I did tend to retaliate after a while. I loathed him. However. I admit he loved you and your Mum very much. I would be a dunderhead to suggest otherwise. Lily sent that to me. She had wished for me to be an uncle of sorts. But then she with you and your Dad, had to go into hiding."

"Which side?" He finally asked looking into Onyx eyes.

"Truthfully the Dark Lord has regained his sanity. At this point he wishes to not have to kill a child. He never did before you. I believe he might be willing to create an alliance or truce if you wish."

"Do you believe it to be better than Dumbledore?"

"He keeps to many secrets. His main concern has always been power. He didn't even defeat Grindlewald. It was the Dark Lord. He has repeated history. As such I believe the Dark Lord would be your better choice."

"What of his ideals?" asked Percy, speaking for the first time.

"He wishes for a full separation of Muggles and Magicals. Or at least watchful. Much like MACUSA."

"The American Ministry."

"Indeed. They are very very careful. They have lifted the laws a bit but only for those Magical with muggle family members.Although they call them No-Majs." answered Severus.