5

- July 31st, 1996/ Slytherin Manor

Severus sighed as he straightened the books once more nervously. It had been hard to realize his best friend had stolen his child. His baby boy. The boy he gave birth to for 17 long hours of labor. He

He felt arms wrapped around his waist from behind, and a kiss was pressed to the bit between his neck and shoulders softly. He let himself melt into the touch of his husband, his mate, with a smile.

"It'll be okay. Our son will be here soon with his boyfriend. We will welcome them. We will show them love and care, and support. We will be the best parents we always knew we could be." Erebus says softly.

"I just worry.."

"There is no need to worry, Papa," Hadrian says softly, walking into the room and hugging his bearer. "I know you love and care for me. I love you both too."

Severus was unaware until that moment how badly he needed his son to say he loved them. That he knew they loved him. He never wanted his son to ever even think he was unloved again. He couldn't change the past without consequences and wouldn't take that risk. However, he would make his son's future better and brighter.

Hugging his son back, he made this all well known. He soothed his baby, who cried. He knew they were mixed emotions. Happiness to finally have a family. Mourning the childhood, he almost had. He looked up to see Percy smiling weakly from the doorway.

Percy was always the outcast in his oddball family. Yet, as they celebrated the others for being different, he was put down for being his own different. He watched as Harry hugged Consort Slytherin with a small smile.

He may never get that type of happiness, but he would do everything to let Harry keep it. Especially because he knew he wanted his future kids to have at least one set of Grandparents if able.

His mind drifts to a future with Harry. One with three children, two looks like twin boys with dark red hair, and a younger girl with nearly pitch black hair. They are teasing each other happily. After work, he hugs each child before hugging Harry and kissing him softly. The words "Hello, Love." escape Harry's mouth.

He is pulled from his thoughts, no, his dream, by Harry taking one of his hands into his own. Worried eyes scanned his.

"You alright?" He asks in the soft voice that Percy called his worried voice.

"I am." He answers, smiling widely. "I really am, Love. Now, I believe we have a birthday to celebrate."

Percy took his chance when Erebus Slytherin left the room and followed. He knew he needed to do this with both parents, but he decided one by one was easier. They had separate thoughts and questions and likely would have different worries.

"What do you need, Mr.Weasley?" Erebus asks with a sigh from his side of the hallway.

"I, the third son of the second Weasley son, Percival Ignatius Weasley, ask formally to ask your son and heir's hand in marriage." He states calmly, yet his heart felt as though it would leave his chest.

"Why, my son?" He asks.

"His kind heart, for one. The way he lights up to play quidditch. The way he strives to make the Wizarding world a better place. Everything. Just...him being him." Percy states smiling as he talks of the young man he loves. "He is my safe place and home. I will never love another."

"I said those exact words to Severus's Mother, Eileen Prince, when she asked me the same question: Why her son? I ended it with those words: He is my safe place and home. I will never love another." Erebus grins. "I told myself when we found out about him that if those words or similar were never told to me, I wouldn't grant them my permission." Erebus smiles and nods to the young man. "You have my permission."

"Thank you, Lord Slytherin," Percy says sincerely. "Are you alright?"

Percy noticed the posture and drooping eyes of the elder man. The wizard looked purely exhausted, and Percy noted that this wasn't the first time. He just hoped it wasn't anything lasting. He wasn't sure Harry could handle losing another parent so soon.

"I am. Just working on a few things. Particularly a way of getting Harry away from Hogwarts safely."

"Respectfully, Lord Slytherin, don't take him away from Hogwarts. He still has close friends there. One's he won't abandon even in his darkest times." Percy says with a weak smile. "He is as loyal as a Hufflepuff, as resourceful as a Slytherin, as brave as a Gryffindor, and as creative as a Ravenclaw. And Hogwarts is his home."

"What do you suggest?"

Percy paused. Then grinned. "Place a spy. One, much like Crouch Jr., I know Hogwarts used to have an apprentice program. Perhaps a few of those close to my age could bring them back?"

Erebus thought for a moment  he. He had to admit it was a great plan. He nodded with a smile.

"As the Slytherin Lord, I could bring it up at the board meeting." Erebus put a hand on Percy's shoulder. "You really are good for my son. Thank you, Percy."

"I truly love him and would do anything for him."

"Percy? Dad? I'm opening presents!" Hadrian called out happily.

The two men smiled softly before heading back in. Erebus is sitting beside his husband, Percy sitting, beside Hadrian. Both feeling lucky to have their men in their lives.