33

Rory's POV -
"I'm gonna need your car and funky super speed," I tell my boyfriend after hanging up.
"Get on my back."
I do as he says and a minute later, we're next to a silver Volvo at the Cullens. We leave the drive as Addy, Rosalie and Emmett walk in.
"My sister's in hospital. She fell off a cliff. Why do I get the feeling it had something to do with you three?"
"Uh. I'm offended that you would ever think that," Addy said.
"Yeah, Rory. We were just on a walk. Like any other human peoples."
"But if we were to hypothetically have tricked a monster into coming to a cliff and gave it a slight shove. Not our fault if that monster was hypothetically standing to close to the edge and it fell into the sea. But if that had happen we probably would have called an ambulance to make sure it suffers through recovery," the blonde says.
"Y'know what. What I don't know won't hurt me."
"I hope your sister's not dead by the way," Emmett says.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome."
"We should be going."
"Yes. We should," Edward says, looking at his siblings. The walk into their house and we drive to the hospital. Fast. We drive fast. We get there much quicker than we should have, but I didn't really care. I needed to get to Charlie.
"You okay?" my boyfriend asks me as we park.
"Yeah. I think. But that bitch better not die on my Dad. He can't handle that."
"She won't. Carlisle's good. Well, he's going to be after practicing medicine for longer than America's been alive."
"Fair point."
"Are you sure you're okay?"
"Kinda wish I was the one to push her, but other than that."
"Yeah, me too."
"Oh really? Not as much as I do."
"Are you sure?"
"Nope. Because I saw that look in your eyes that night. You looked goddamn murderous."
"Cause I was. You're my everything. She was hurting you."
"Are you sure it's me? There are other people who are way more your level."
"Love, we've been over this. Your fantastic and amazing. And beautiful and smart. And talented. And I love you."
"Are you sure?"
"Of course I'm sure."
"Then I think I might love you too." He smiles at the wheel. I kiss his cheek. Then he smiles at me. His perfect fucking smile.
"Come on. Let's go," I say.
"Alright then."

We get out and walk into the hospital hand in hand. After we ask the nice receptionist where we're going, we head to the room and find Dad. He has been crying.  Still has a few stray tears running down his face. When he sees us walk in, he stands. I let go of Edward's hand and I pull him into a hug. He hugs back, and sobs.
"Hey Dad. It's okay. Look, it's okay. She's okay. She's fine. We can see her. She's breathing. She's living. Her heart is beating. She'll be fine."
"I know. I know."
Dr Cullen walks in the room. He nods at his son and lightly clears his throat. I let go of my father and he wipes his eyes.
"Your daughter will be fine. She has broken her already broken arm again, broken her leg, herniated her disk which I will give painkillers for, three broken ribs, bruises and a fractured pelvis. She should be fine when she wakes up."
"Thank you, doctor."
"She was lucky that help was called soon after she fell over the edge."
"We really don't know who called?"
I do. And Edward. And probably Carlisle, but he won't mention that.
"No, I'm sorry we don't."
"I just wish I could thank them for saving my daughter."
Trust me, they nearly killed her in the first place.
"I would too if this was any of my kids."
It has been your kids. And you saved most of them. You can't thank anyone.
"If they ever come forward, send them my way. I would like to properly thank them."
Me too. Thank them for pushing her off a cliff. And saving her so that it wouldn't hurt Charlie. Or so she would suffer through recovery, but same difference. Dad sits back down next to her bed and looks at her. We take the seat at the  end of the room. His cold arm wraps around  my shoulders. I lay my head on his chest and curl my legs up on the seat. He nuzzels his nose into my hair and we stay like this, in silence until Isabella wakes up.
"Edward? You're here. Where am I?"
"You're at the hospital Bells. You fell off a cliff," Dad tells her, but my sisters eyes don't move from my boyfriend.
"Silly me. Must have slipped after a gust of wind hit me of something." she laughs.
"Why were you even up there Bells? I'm pretty sure that footpath's closed."
"You want to tell them, Eddie? Or should I? I know you had this whole prom idea, which would've been great, but I want you now."
"Tell them what?" my boyfriend asks.
"Oh don't be silly. You know what I'm talking about."
"I really don't."
"You know. That we're meant to be. That we were going on our first date."
"What?" I whimper quietly, looking up to his eyes.
"Don't worry, love I have no idea what she's talking about. I really don't," he mumbles back. I hold onto his hand, and he squeezes reassuringly back. That's when I know he's telling the truth. Because that pure look in his dark eyes.
"Is this true, Edward?" Dad asks, not having heard our short conversation.
"I'm sorry sir. I am not quite sure what she's talking about."
"Stop pretending, Eddie. I have the text. Hold on, let me get my phone. You know what, it doesn't matter. I committed it to memory. Hand me a piece of paper and pen. She writes down a text, and both me and him laugh when she shows us.
"What? What's so funny?" Isabella asks indignantly.
"It's just, Edward can't have written this. It's really not his style. Trust me."
"Well, what do you know?"
"I'm sorry, Isabella, but he's right. I didn't write this. I've never used half of these text expressions in my life. I can show you."
He pulls out his phone and shows us the lack of text message. Isabella fumes.
"No. It was there. It was definitely there."
"I'm sorry you fell off a cliff, but it seems you were there for no reason."
"But. But. You love me. You said so."
"I could never love you."
"Can I get a drink from the cafe? Sorry, its just in kinda thirsty," I ask my father to get out the room.
"Sure, Rory."
"Thanks Dad. You coming Edward?"
"Alright."
We go to the cafe, and in the waiting room is the blond boy, Asian kid  and brunette bitch that my sister's always hanging out with. I forgot how small Forks was. They practically jump on us tge minute they see us.
"Is she okay? Is it bad? Can we see her?" Are some of the questions they ask.
"Yeah, probably. She's Room 236."
They rush off in search for their friend, and we continue to our destination.