Chapter 13.

Y/n's Pov:
It's been weeks since Team RWBY dealt with Roman Torchwick in the mech suit.
Apparently, Blake didn't get much sleep since she had dark circles under her eyes because she was getting frustrated with not finding out what the White Fang were planning.
Fortunately, thanks to Yang, Blake finally decided to take it easy, & I already told her & her team that it's still going to take a while for the White Fang to get their main plan underway.
Once the problem with Blake was dealt with, Vrak called me to our dorm.

Y/n; "Hey, Vrak. What's going on?"

Vrak; "Good news. Despite that it was challenging, the anti-virus protection program is ready"

& he gives me the necessary flashdrive the program is on.

Vrak; "The only problem is, the program needs to be uploaded into the system 1st before the virus"

That ended up making me feel concerned.

Y/n; "...How long will it last if the virus isn't uploaded?"

Vrak; "By my calculations, the program will only last about 2 hours if the virus isn't uploaded in time. However, once the virus is in, it'll take 10 minutes for the program to take effect so it'll make Cinder believe that her plan for the virus has worked"

Y/n; "Ok, this should help, but it'll need to be planned with careful timing. Great work, Vrak"

So I got my scroll out & contacted my informants.

Y/n; "Roman, Neo, the anti-virus is ready. I just need to know when Cinder is planning to plant the virus during the dance"

& I instantly get a message from Neo.

Neo; "Last I recall, she's making her move at 9:00PM when we're in the middle of the dance"

& I messaged her back.

Y/n; "Ok, we'll meet discreetly at the edge of the Emerald Forest at 8:30PM so I can give you the flashdrive containing the program"

Neo; "Meet you then"

Timeskip to the dance.

& so the night of the dance arrived.
Before this, I went & had a chat with Jaune.
I told him that Pyrrha has developed feelings for him & he was surprised by it.
So with my help, he was actually able to confess to Pyrrha & asked her to the dance, & she gladly accepted.
So, I was able to slip away unnoticed & met with Neo.

Y/n; "Well, well

Y/n; "Well, well. We finally meet face-to-face, Neo"

& when Neo looked at me, it was like she had hearts in her eyes 😍 & apparently familiar saxophone music was playing for some reason.