Restless

4am knows all my secrets

💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈

"Ugh, finally!!" Chase practically collapsed onto the first bench they came by in Pewter City.

"Chase! Get up! We're still not finished!" Elaine chastised him.

Trace decided to leave the squabbling pair to their "business" and look at the town map they had brought with them.

"The house we are supposed to go to is on the other side of the city. It should be only a five minute walk." He turned back to the twins.

"Great, we'll head there right away-"

"What? No! It's way too late. We should just find somewhere to rest for the night," Chase interrupted Elaine - to which she was not impressed.

"Oh c'mon! The sun's not even set yet!" Elaine argued. She looked to Trace for back up.

"It is almost eight... Maybe we should go in the morning instead?" Trace spoke tentatively as he wasn't sure how well what he said would go down with Elaine.

"Not you too! It's not that late! We haven't been travelling for that long either!"

"Please! We've been up since five in the morning and I am so tired," Chase begged his sister. April, who had been lazily clinging to his shoulder, seemed to be in agreement with him.

"Elaine, it'll be okay if we go in the morning," Trace put a hand on her shoulder, "there's a really nice hotel nearby too!"

Elaine couldn't say no to Trace and let him lead the way to the hotel in question.

On the walk there Chase decided to push his luck, got up close to his sister and whispered in her ear, "I knew you'd say yes to Trace." He gave her a nudge with his elbow and ran up ahead before she could retaliate.

💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈

{Elaine's pov}

The hotel was pretty decent, nothing spectacular but I've definitely seen worse.

The walls were a soft cream and the furniture came in a variety of different shades of brown.

A rather... well fed... Bidoof came to greet us at the door. The staff gave us a warm welcome and Trace booked us into a room.

After we all had something to eat and washed up, it was time for bed.

Trace and Chase were asleep within minutes. Lucky.

I lay awake, staring at the ceiling. I counted the gentle breaths of May, willing myself to fall asleep.

It wasn't working.

It was a new fear I had developed. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't sleep indoors in any place but my home. I wish I had just asked the others to camp outside but that would mean getting asked why. I'm not ready to answer that yet.

I had no other options but to lay awake and wait for morning to come. The blanket no longer felt comfortable on my skin but instead suffocating. I turned around, careful not to disturb May from where she slept at my side.

Trace was asleep in the bed beside mine. He looked so peaceful. My heart began to race in my chest the more I watched him.

I turned back around, I must just be sick or something.

Yeah, that must be it.

🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕

{Traces pov}

Movement by the window woke me up. I groaned as I opened my eyes, the sun must have only risen because it was shining a bright yellow right through the window.

"What time is it?" I mumbled sleepily. I wasn't sure who it was that was awake so early and my brain seemed to be lagging behind.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up!"
I instantly recognised Elaine's voice. I tried to shake the lingering sleepiness from my head.

As my eyes adjusted to the light I finally got a good glimpse of Elaine. She was already fully dressed, with shoes on and everything.

"Are you leaving?" I asked, nearly falling out of bed trying to get up.

"Eheh, um well, I was just going to go to the address Professor Oak told us to go to first and then come back. I didn't really want to wake you up or annoy you with the boring parts of the journey." Elaine seemed like she was going to keep rambling on.

"No! I mean, I want to do the boring parts with you! You shouldn't go on your own! I like going with you!" I stumbled over my words but managed to get my point across.

Or... Maybe I didn't.

Elaine wasn't even listening, she was looking down at-

"Sorry! I didn't mean to grab your hand like that!" I yelped and pulled my hand back.

"It's okay," Elaine looked away and when she turned back she was smiling. "I'll wait for you to get ready and then we can leave. Together." Elaine sat down on the bed next to May, who was still asleep.

I rushed off to the en suite bathroom and locked the door behind me. When I looked in the mirror my face was bright red.

Oh arceus, am I sick?

🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕🎈💕

OMG I'M SO SORRY FOR FORGETTING ABOUT THIS BOOK!

And this chapter is kinda pointless story wise but I still wanted to update but I've been so busy and I hadn't a plan made for this chapter so I just improvised and decided to work on the characters a bit!

I'll probably be going back over the chapters and rewriting them a bit some time in the future to tidy up the story a bit!

I hope you enjoyed anyways!

Thank you so much for reading!

Bye bye! 💕💖 Have a lovely day!

Art credits: Mai on twitter (at least that's what I was told)