Halfway Home

A/N :- Before anything I just want to say I don't necessarily have an opinion over the 'babygate' or Louis being a dad. I just wrote what was fit for the story. So please don't hate me. :)

______

(Continued from last chapter)

A nurse came in and interrupted the couple. "Mr.Tomlinson, I need to check your blood pressure and do a few other tests and after that you'd be good to go....Sir (she said referring to Harry) I would need you to leave the room" She said with a smile. Louis shook his head and tightened his grasp at Harry's hand. He was afraid to let go because maybe...maybe he thought that he might lose Harry again. Harry placed a kiss to Louis' knuckles, "Boo I'll be outside yeah? I won't go anywhere I promise." He said and got up from the stool. He took one last look at Louis (who was pouting and looking like an upset baby kitten) and left the room.

Harry went outside and was met with Mark and Lottie. Lottie came up to him and gave him a hug, "Thank you so much Harry for coming here and giving that idiot a chance. I promise you won't regret it." Lottie said with a smile, Harry smiled back but he had an uneasy feeling in his stomach. He does love Louis....but...but would he be able to trust Louis again. Lottie seemed to sense his hesitation and reassured him, "I know what you are thinking but I swear H he had a reason and when he would tell you that you won't have any doubts." She gave Harry's shoulder a gentle reassuring squeeze. "I hope so.." Harry mumbled.

A few minutes later the nurse came out, "Mr.Tomlinson is good to go now." She said and the three (Harry, Lottie and Mark) politely thanked her. "Harry why don't you and Louis go to the breakfast place and grab food, I'll take the kids out so you guys can have a chat?" Mark said. "Yeah that'll be great." Harry replied.

~~~~~

Louis and Harry walked out of the hospital and went to the car. Lottie and Mark left before the couple so that they could pick Fizzy up from home and go somewhere so that Harry and Louis would have the house to themselves. Harry and Louis sat inside the car and buckled up, "Wanna grab food I'm hungry!" Louis exclaimed dramatically grabbing his stomach, Harry chuckled and nodded. "Where do you want to go?" Harry asked as they pulled out of the Hospital parking lot, "Umm..let's go to the Beachwood cafe?" Louis suggested. That cafe was where they usually went whenever they were in Doncaster. Harry nodded and started diving towards the cafe.

"Hazza?" Louis spoke up after a while of comfortable silence. "Yeah?" Harry said but kept his eyes on the road. "I'm proud of you...your album is amazing." Louis said and smiled brightly. Harry's heart could burst with happiness. His lips curled into the widest grin and he sheepishly mumbled a 'thank you' giving Louis a dimpled smile.

When they reached the cafe, Louis got out and went to order food. After around 15 minutes he came back with a bag of food in his hands. He sat inside the car and buckled up. "What did you get?" Harry asked curiously as his stomach made a grumbling sound. Louis laughed and poked Harry's stomach, "I got pancakes and bacon and Avocado sandwiches an-" Harry cut Louis off by saying, "But you hate avocados?"

"Yeah I do but you love them." Louis said with a shrug.

Harry wanted to kiss him so badly and well, he did. Harry leaned in a lightly pecked Louis' lips, the older one of the two blushed crimson red and looked down at his lap. 'Gosh I am like a 15 year old who just had his first kiss!' Louis thought to himself but nonetheless cracked a smile. They drove to Louis' house in comfortable silence.

~~~~

They reached Louis' place and went inside, "We should take a shower and then eat, I smell like hospital" Louis said and made a dramatic 'disgusted' face. Harry laughed and shyly asked "Wanna...shower together?" Louis shook his head and explained, "Not untill I explain everything to you, I don't deserve it right now." Harry nodded in understanding.