Seven

Thor

As if Riordan's powers didn't scare me enough, we find out she's capable than a lot more than just predictions.

''Tell me.''

''Infinite.''

''Infinite?''

''There's no limit to what you can do. As you grow, you may find yourself capable of so much more than you are now.''

The whole scenario played over and over in my head. I often wondered how Riordan felt knowing all of this--if it gave her some sense of power or fed her ego.

She wasn't the type of person to show off, but I reckon with her new potential abilities, she may push her boundaries and get herself into some despicable situations.

I didn't want it to go to her head, but I fear that it may already have.

''Earth to Thor?''

I snap out of my reverie to find Danny looking at me, concerned and Martie was absent from the passengers seat.

''Yeah?''

''We're at my place. You can get out of the car now.''

''Oh.''

''Is everything okay, Thor? You haven't been yourself since we left.''

''Why even ask when you know the answer?''

She scoffs, ''You're starting to sound like Marvallia.''

''Aren't you scared?''

''Why would I be?''

''I don't know, I'm just worried that the more powerful you get--''

''The more danger I'll get myself into. I know. You're my partner in crime, T. You always got my back, right?''

Always. Even though I never support it.

I nod and she gets out of the car, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

~~~

Riordan

''So an attorney, huh? I pegged you for a guy that would go for someone less daunting.''

''Daunting? What? You mean like a nurse or something?'' my Dad shakes his head in disbelief.

''I'm just pulling your leg. It seems like the date went well?''

His face was all bright red and cheery. He was blushing just thinking about it.

''Eat your dinner.''

''Come on, Dad, you're giving us absolutely nothing here.'' Sean begs.

''Yeah! We wanna know more about her.''

''And you will get the chance. Next week. I invited her for dinner.''

''Whoa, whoa, what?''

''No way!'' Sean raises his utensils in excitement.

''Again, there's no need to rile yourselves up. Tamara's lovely.''

''I bet she is seeing that she's turned you into a fire truck.'' I tease and my father touches his cheeks in embarrassment.

''Ha ha very funny, Captain.''

My happiness turned into annoyance almost immediately.

''I want to quit. I don't know why Coach Crosse set me up.''