Chapter 3: [UPDATED] Glimmer of Hope

No home feels the same after a loss of a family member. No family feels truly complete with a loss of someone who's a main part of it. And the Rose Xiao Long cabin is no exception. Despite how Reed was treated in the house, nothing feels the same with him gone. The guilt is gnawing at everyone's bones. So many sleepless nights from Reed haunting their dreams.

How has everyone been personally effected?

Tai Xiao Long. The father of three, really two now. For someone who would never lay a finger on his daughters, for some God forsaken reason he thought neglecting his son in favor of his two loving daughters was a good idea. He began to drink a lot, never as much as Qrow did and luckily for him it never caused any larger issues for the family. If he was ever drunk, he was crying for hours, no longer being able to suppress his emotions. The pain of being the reason your son left is eating him alive but there's one person who feels this more then anyone else...

Summer Rose. Mother of Ruby and Reed, step mother of Yang. The first two years after Reed left was possibly the most pain she's ever experienced in her entire life, most likely to never be matched by anything. During those years her motherly instincts would scream to go find Reed. Even after so much searching through Vale and anywhere else...

...Radio silent.

She spends a good amount of time in Reeds old room, hugging photos of him and even putting some of his old clothes over his pillows and hugging them. She's even spent nights sleeping in his bed, though no one would really consider that sleeping for what she actually did which is cry till she passed out.

While she tries to stay strong for her remaining children, she doesn't know how long she can keep that facade up, knowing full well she's guilty more then anyone.

Yang Xiao Long. She's the best kind of older sister you could ever ask for. Protective, super loving, even a cuddly type of person. She's someone who is so willing to give you a hug when you're sad that she would secretly wish for you to be sad to give her an excuse to hold you close.

But she doesn't feel that right now. She hasn't felt that for a while. While the other members of the family bawl their eyes out over his disappearance, Yang tries to keep her cool.

She fails miserably.

When she's alone in her room, the dam lets loose. Every single day she wishes that he could somehow come back so she can rectify her mistakes, hold him super tight, tease him, play and beat him at games, occasionally let him win so he could feel better and see a smile on his face.

But she ruined that chance.

Ruby Rose. Reeds other half. He's gone because of them. Ruby was predestined to be a weapon junkie with a love for cookies. But it's all suppressed. Her eyes don't even shine and glow the same anymore like they did as a kid.

She loves Yang to death, no offense to her, but there's a special type of relationship that twins can have together. Almost every God Ruby can think of, she has prayed to them. To return Reed back and give her and Yang the chance to be the best sisters in the world to him. To fill the void in his heart and never leave his side again.

Ruby wants to be a good sister.

.

.

.

.

.

Tai POV:

This...this could be it. This could be my chance! OUR chance! This place has been miserable since we pushed him away...

I run upstairs into our sons room and see Summer laying on his bed cuddling a pillow with one of his shirts on it, reading a book.

Tai: "Hey. Sweetie...got some news..."