Chapter 5: [UPDATED] New Life. New Teacher.

Reed POV:

Ozpin: "I would at least try to speak to them Reed. Establish ground rules and such. If you don't do that, they'll be scared to do literally anything with the risk of punishment. And I know these girls have seen what humanity can do when it's angry."

As he walks away I quickly grab his shoulder and halt him.

Ozpin: "Hm?"

Reed: "You said that they were clean, right?"

Glynda: "This batch was not sexually abused, correct. Why?"

Reed: "Because I would like to know how traumatized they are so that I can at least piece together if getting them in a better head space will take awhile or not."

Glynda takes a moment to respond but finally smirks and claps her hands once.

Glynda: "Wow. I didn't think a growing boy like you could be so mature."

Reed: "Well when you live in the circumstances I've been given you tend to grow up a bit faster."

I let go of Ozpin's shoulder and leave the cockpit. I notice the two Faunus sitting in the corner of the main part of the ship, clearly scared. I can see them shaking and it's slightly heartbreaking.

I make my way over to the two and crouch down in front of them.

Reed: "I think some proper introductions are needed."

I stick my hand out for the mother, Kali.

Reed: "My name is Reed. It's nice to meet you."

She shakily looks up at me and my hand. She stares at it with caution before very slowly grabbing it and shaking it.

Kali: "I-It's nice to meet you too Master Reed...my n-name is Kali Belladonna and t-this is my daughter Blake."

Blake: "It's n-nice to meet you sir..."

My heartstrings...

Reed: "I know you guys are either accustomed or feeling forced to use that title. "Master" doesn't sit the best with me. You don't need to use it when addressing me. Anything else is fine."

Kali lets go of my hand and puts it back on her leg alongside her other hand.

Kali: "W-Would Mister or Sir work fine then...?"

Hmmm...I don't think I'll be able to have them just say my name normally for a bit so I guess that'll work.

Reed: "Whatever makes you comfortable, alright?"

They both look up at me confused. What did I say that was so weird?

Blake: "Comfortable...? N-No sir...we don't deserve that...we're just slaves, remember?"

Oh. That. I see.

Reed: "No no no. Not under me. You may have been slaves when you didn't have an owner. But now that you have one? You aren't just slaves."

I sit down in another chair nearby them, at least trying to give them some breathing room. I can tell they're still scared.

Kali: "What do you mean Ma- I mean sir...?"

Reed: "You, Kali. I have a very important task for you that will remain for our entire time in this little relationship we have just started. Blake may also help with this but she won't be required."

She quickly nods and turns to me, giving me her full attention.

Kali: "A-And that is?"

Reed: "I...I need you to be like...a guide to me. An instructor maybe. I don't know the right word for it but to put it simply...I'm an exile. I've had to live on my own since I was 8 due to my family neglecting me. I ran away at that age and have been living in a cabin ever since. I taught myself a lot of things at some nearby libraries with the help of some other staff or even older kids who weren't just pricks. But besides learning basic knowledge...I don't know much about Remnant. It's history, the rules, society in general."