Chapter 4: [UPDATED] A Terrible Curiosity

Reed POV:

Well. Todays the day I go on this stupid little field trip. Why the hell did I agree to this? I mean there's no real harm in going but it's more me feeling lazy. There's a good chance I go there and leave with nothing, so it's just a waste of time.

I get out of bed and shower quickly, not wanting to waste time. It's 7:40 so I have 20 minutes to get ready. Should be enough.

I won't lie though. I'm a bit nervous. I'm meeting a whole new side of humanity...not really humanity but they're still humanoids. And these people are enslaved, broken, completely submissive and it's 100% not by choice.

No. Just shut up. It doesn't matter. Even someone like you was thrown to the wind. Just focus on your own life damnit.

.

.

.

I dry myself up and get dressed in some black jeans, black jacket with a tan undershirt underneath and some black sneakers. Nothing special really. I'm not going to a fucking funeral or anything.

I go over to my mirror and see my hair go down to my shoulders. Do I put it in a bun? I don't think I care right now. If Ozpin were to know anything about my old family then it would be too late, the silver eyes gave it away. I'll still wear the contacts at least.

I head back down to my living room and notice my wallet. If we really are going inside these facilities then I'll probably need an ID. Thankfully I have had that covered for awhile now.

I grab it and head out, locking the door to the cabin and heading out into this open area close by. It would be the only way that a bullhead or some other aircraft would be able to reach here without destroying the forest.

.

.

.

.

.

It's been about 20-ish minutes now and-

Oh. There it is.

I look up and see the bullhead slowly descending towards the ground, the grass and some trees flowing from the wind. As it lands on the ground the side door opens and I notice Ozpin with his...busty assistant. God she looks miserable. Is that her normal face or is it because of the Trade?

Ozpin: "Good morning Reed. Ready to head out? It's not everyday a new batch of these people come in."

These...people?

I sit up from the tree I was sitting up against and step inside of the bullhead, closing the door and sighing.

Reed: "I knew you were old but not old enough to where you say "these people"."

Ozpin shrugs and sits back in his seat, waving to the pilot to lift off the ground once again.

Ozpin: "At least I'm addressing them as a people unlike what some would say."

You know what. Fair enough Ozpin.

.

.

.

I imagined this trip to be quiet and NOT an interrogation yet here I am...

The sounds of heels approaching to me gets louder and louder until it stop. My eyes may be closed but I can feel the persons presence.

Glynda: "Rose."

...

Reed: "Excuse me?"

She knows. Ozpin knows. Even if I said earlier that I wouldn't care so much if he knew...it sucks to know that they actually pieced it together.