xlvi. but i can't sleep now

⚠️ FROM THIS POINT ON, IT WILL BECOME GRAPHIC. THERE WILL BE DESCRIPTIONS THAT WILL WEIRD/GROSS PEOPLE OUT.

THERE ARE ALSO MANGA SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!⚠️

"i'm sorry."

blue flames engulfed dabi, so desperate to get out of your trap. to no avail, he glared harder than ever.

toga cried, grabbing her knife and launching herself at you. you used another cloud as a shield yourself. the fluff and her shining knife came into contact, a slicing noise echoing through the room.

hot tears stained her vision. "i trusted you cloudy! we all trusted you!"

you looked away, using another cloud to apprehend her. "i'm sorry toga. i really am."

"NO YOU AREN'T!" she screamed, tears streaming down her face.

why did doing this hurt you?

you used a clouds to pin kurogiri down, mirko hopping out of the way for you to do so. she smiled at you, patting your back.

"good work. let's get the others down," she commanded, getting in a ready stance.

helicopters roared above the building. you were sure the news reporters were up there, conveying the scene. you were sure your classmates were already blowing up the group chat.

you quickly used some clouds to keep twice and spinner down, muttering sorry to them as well. mirko quickly pounced onto shigaraki, holding him down so he's unable to do anything.

it seemed too easy.

you apprehended the other villains, making sure they were unable to escape your cloud prisons. sighing, you gazed around at everyone and everything.

you caused this.

exhaustion was creeping up. it was still too early.

you stood there, unable to say or do anything. you already apologized. it was all your fault. they were fine with their lives.

now you're stuck with the guilt.

"stop having a pity party." dabi spat, glaring at you. "you knew what you were fucking doing."

you shook your head, walking towards the raven-haired man. "i'm not having a pity party, dabi. do you seriously think, after talking with you all for so long, that i wouldn't feel bad?"

he glared harder. "fuck off with your feelings. you don't care. none of you heroes do."

"stereotypes. society stereotypes villains as much as they do heroes. we're not all heartless, so fuck off with that bullshit," you shot back, glaring into his ocean hues.

he looked amused. "you're interesting, cloudy."

"glad you think so, dabi."

he (finally) singed the clouds around his wrist within an instance. you gasped, quickly launching a cloud onto his face. he scratched at it, giving you a moment to kick his legs.