lv. acceptance

"that's it! you're free to go now!" principal nezu cheered, fixing the papers.

your parents nodded, standing up. "thank you for allowing our child to learn here. hopefully we'll be back next year."

he nodded, his smile never leaving his face. "we'll always be happy to accept you back here!"

your mom grabbed the wheelchairs handles, pulling you out of your daze and spot. you yawn, stretching your body to the best of your abilities.

principal nezu waved goodbye, as you were pushed out of the conference room. you sighed, looking down at your lap.

"don't be sad, y/n. you'll come back here next year," your dad reasoned, gently patting your head. "this is for your own good."

you shook your head, not saying anything back. it was hard to accept this fate. you couldn't do anything for yourself except accept what fate has given to you.

ua's halls were empty, not a single sign of life within it. orange and yellow hues lit the halls up, shining through the glass. the sun barely peaked over the tree line.

this would be your last time going through these halls.

"do i have to go?" you mumbled, your gaze never leaving your lap.

silence fell between your parents. the wheelchair's squeaks echoed through the halls.

it was always unfair.

"the paperwork has already been filled out. it's for your own good, sweetheart," your mom reasoned.

you nodded, too weak to argue back. you lifted your head and looked out the windows of ua, spotting the setting sun across the horizon.

'deja vu.'

you wanted to yell. you wanted to scream and fight back. you wanted to run. to be free. you were tired; exhausted.

why'd you let their words affect you? why'd you let their actions affect you?

no matter how much you tried to reason with yourself, it always came back to their fault. yet, you refused to blame them.

not being woken up in time for lunch, getting your lunch stolen from you, missing so many meals because of the "study". maybe it wasn't all their fault.

thats why you don't blame them; why you forgive them.

it was like being forced into a place where you simply didn't belong. you would try so desperately to fit in; to be like them.

it wasn't meant to be.

you couldn't blame them. so, you blame yourself.

you should've tried harder. you should've been better. you should've done something different. you shouldn't of let them treat you like that.

before you knew it, you were already in front of class 1-a's dormitory. the building looked the same as ever. nothing changed.

life keeps going on after you're gone.

"we'll go grab your items. would you like to stay outside or would you like to go inside and say goodbye?" you father asked.

you didn't look up. "i'll stay out here."

they shared a look, sighing. "okay sweetie. we'll be right back."

their footsteps echoed away from you. at last, you could have peace.

the last time you'll be here.

did you still want to say goodbye?

there were muffled voices coming from inside of the building you once counted as home. shouting, cheering, anything loud.