lii. bargaining

two weeks later...
place: hosu hospital, room 119
friday at 17:46/5:46PM

"you won't be able to be a hero," he stated, clicking his pen and writing down something on his clipboard.

you sighed. "and why are you able to dictate this?"

he pushed his glasses up. "you were suppose to die."

"suppose to. i didn't."

"you actually did. also, it doesn't mean you can ignore all the pain you will feel in your body."

"i was stabbed. i was burned. i was shot. i'll be fine."

"you're severely underweight and severely lacking sleep from previous circumstances. you have an eating disorder as well as a possible sleeping disorder. your arms will also be immobilized for a long period of time and will require a lot of physical therapy. along with your leg." he pushed his glasses up, sending a glare your way.

"i was so tired that i died for a second, is all. it's also apart of a drawback of my quirk for me to be so exhausted. i'll be eating properly when i'm in here. again, how does this dictate why i can't become a hero?" you glared back.

"it's simply outrageous-!"

knock knock knock.

the doctor sighed, standing and opening the door. there revealed your exhausted homeroom and your equally exhausted work studies mentor, standing at the doorway.

the doctor excused himself, quickly leaving the room. you rolled your eyes at him, before moving your gaze to the heroes at the door.

"well? you just gonna stand there or are you gonna enter?" you ushered.

they shared a look before entering. the two heroes clashed against the brighter looking room. the setting sun shone through the window, orange hues lighting up the dull, white room.

the two heroes stood awkwardly in front of your bed, not sure what to say. hawks rubbed the nape of his neck, eyes to the ground. aizawa had his hands shoved in his pockets, his eyes adverting yours.

no one's eyes were on you.

you coughed a bit, trying to cover your face. you stared down at your immobile hands, but there wasn't any blood.

right, no more blood.

aizawa cleared his throat, causing hawks and you to look up at the ebony-haired male.

"l/n, we're sorry-"

you cleared your throat, shutting him up. "don't apologize, mr. aizawa. things were out of your control. so, stop blaming yourselves. both of you. all of you."

hawks started up, "it's not okay, l/n! you shouldn't have been left alone with them. we said we would protect you, and we couldn't."

you rolled your eyes. "sit. you both look awkward standing."

they obliged. hawks sat on a rolling chair to your left and aizawa sat on a wooden chair to your right. they both still refused to meet your gaze.

you sighed, shaking your head. "i am mad."

they both jolted their heads up, eyes on you.