Prologue

In the middle of nowhere, a small village hidden by the thick boundaries of forest resides. A small village of barely 500 people living a happy and content life without the fear of anything. They are content with everything that God has given them. Most importantly, they are content with each other, with their friends and with their families. A true blessing!

The leader of the village is a very kind and generous man but a brave one who knows how to protect his people if they are in danger. He has a son who is also looking forward to following the path that is set by his father to take care of his people if anything happens to his father.

Rumour has been going that there are a bunch of men who are ambushing village after village and steal from them, leaving only a mess of dead villagers behind. Only a few left to tell the tale of who they are and which village their next target would be. They always sent a warning before attacking any village, and then after some time, they came and created havoc. How large the village is it doesn't matter because it is always them who win.

It is to be believed that their leader is the most heartless and merciless person on this earth. If he wants something, he gets it by hook or by crook. He fights for his people and their survival, he is the true definition of a king but a cruel king at that who don't show mercy to anyone, in his eyes except for his people everyone else is enemy. He kills those who betray and disrespect him. These two are the things that he can't endure, and for him, only punishment for these two crimes is death!  No one knows his name. That's why he is known as THE DARK MONSTER!

Fortunately for them their village hasn't received any kind of threat or a warning till now so they are safe at least for now.

Leader of that small village has a very good friend who is also his advisor in all the important matters regarding their village. He is also considered a very respected person in their village. He lives with his daughter, who unfortunately lost her mother during childbirth. Since then, her father took care of her. He had provided her with everything that any child would want.

Now that the girl is grown out into a beautiful woman at 20, she has taken it upon herself to take care of her father. She would cook and clean for him. His father never likes when the piece of his heart works even how minuscle the chore is. If it were up to him, he would not even let her lift a glass of water herself. For him, she was her world and vice versa. The girl was his little flower, that's why he named her Flora. Flora Williams! His little flower that he had always protected from the world and will always protect her.

The girl equally loves her father. For her, he is the only family. He is her mother, a friend, and a father. She found every relation in him because in her eyes, he was the only person who would never hurt her. And she likes taking care of her father now that he is getting a little old, he is still very brave and powerful but one can not ignore the increasing number in age every year and how he gets tired easily after lifting something heavy and how his hands shake when he lift something.

There is no doubt her father is capable of taking care of her still now but now she is the one who want to do things for him to take care of him because she has grown enough now and not a child anymore who need her father's help in everything.

Flora loves to read and write, she learn to read from his father. There are only a few people in their village who can read and write, Flora being the one. You will find her either working or reading. If she is not doing any chores, she will be reading the books that her father bought for her whenever he visits the city.

But her favourite books are those that are written by her mother. Her mother was a very good writer and a poet. She had written some story books for her daughter before dying. She somehow knew in her heart that she won't be there to teach her child the things that a parent should, so she started writing different books for her with important lessons and messages in them. At first, Flora used to read them only as books, but later when she started paying attention, she got to know what her mother wanted to teach her.

By her books, she taught her to always put her self-respect first, no matter the case. For a girl, her character and her self respect are the most valuable assets. She should protect it at all costs. When she read those books, she feels like her mother is talking to her. It's their way of communication! After her father, her books are her most valuable possession. His father has built huge shelves in her room where she keep all her books and now she has plenty of them as Victor, their leaders son and her friend also bought books for her on her birthdays or whenever he travel to city.

Victor has been her friend since she was a child. At first, they always fought with each other, but then, with time, that fight ended, and they became close. Flora considers him as a good friend, but Victor, on the other hand, has different things in his mind. He being the older one by two years is a little more mature than her and now that he knows that he will be next in line to be the leader of their village he spend most of his times with his father and elders in fields where they practice how to fight.

He is a very good fighter. Flora has seen him a few times fighting with the men, and he always won against them. He is also smug about that, he is famous among girls in their village but too bad that Viktor has only eyes for one girl who will become his wife one day, and that poor girl isn't even aware of his plans yet.

Please don't forget to vote and comment!