20. Trust broken

As he went out of the tent, I try to stand up and went out. I stood by the tent clutching the edge of it as not to fall. I saw him Achilles, he was hitting that man with the sword and at the end he sliced the sword into his heart. Then his gaze fell on me and he came towards me.

I don't know what fell on me but looking at him made ne forget everything. I fall into his arms and cried my heart out. He held me patiently letting me cry on him. Then he sat me down on his horse and settle himself behind me clutching me tightly as if I will vanish. He wrapped both of us in his cloak as I have lost mine. I leaned on his chest ready to close my eyes and succumb to darkness.

But he didn't let me, he would shake me whenever I will try to close my eyes. I felt too tired to even fight him.

"Don't close your eyes" He pleaded this time softly.

"My little flower, you can't leave me not so easily. You have yet to see your punishment for betraying me" he said and I opened my eyes wide. What? He is not serious. He won't punish me not after I nearly died or May be will die.

"This is..not ..helping" I breathed out.

"You broke my trust" he said his voice held a little pain which he tried to hide.

I didn't say anything, there is nothing for me to say, to justify myself, my actions. I had to escape one way or another it was him who thought that I won't escape. He was stupid enough to believe it that I will stay with him and forget everything.

"You are... forcing... me to ... choose death ..over life" I wheezed out and his hold tightened on my waist.

"Don't you dare die on me" he hissed at me and I wanted to roll my eyes at him but I was exhausted.

"I want to ..sleep" I said, I wasn't feeling anything now, my back was numb by now but I feel this intense need to sleep and this time I don't think I will be able to open my eyes anymore so I closed my eyes and welcomed darkness.

**********************************

I woke up in Beatrice's cottage, she was mixing some medicine when I looked around. Amanda was sleeping on the chair nearby. I tried to sit up but couldn't and cried out in pain my back hurt too much.

"Don't move, you will ruin your stitches" Beatrice said as she came near me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked but when I tried to speak but my thorat was dry. She gave me water and I drank like a starved women.

"It hurts a little when I move" I told her.

"It will heal I few days" she said and then turned around continue whatever she was doing. I looked at her with a frown.

"Are you angry with me?" I asked her but she didn't say anything just glanced away from me.

"Ma!" I softly called her. She sighed and finally looked at her

"I am not angry Flora, I am upset with you. Do you know how much it took for my son to trust you and what you did in return? Broke his trust" she said.

"I know he was wrong in taking you here by force and it was okay for you to escape him but by playing with his feelings? I don't like that and I am upset with you. I considered you as my child and ..." she paused and then look broken.

"I am sorry I know I can't blame you for running away back to your home. If I was in your place I would have done the same. Its just that I couldn't see my son so sad and broken. He will never trust you again Flora" she told me and then went inside. I looked at Amanda who was now wide awake and watching us.

She came towards me and hugged me hard.

"Thank God you are alive, I was so scared that something would happen to you. I am so stupid, I didn't think it through that there would be more danger outside." She start crying.

"Amanda it's not your fault you only helped me, both of us didn't knew what would happen out there. We were stupid to believe that I would reach home safely all alone" I told her now realising how stupid it was of me to went our alone.

"Would he ... punish me?" I asked her out of fear and she looked at me but then looked away giving me my answer. He will!

"But only once you are back to your old self" she said.

"It didn't make me feel good" I sighed and closed my eyes, I feel tired again.

"It would have been better if I died there, Amanda I am tired of everything" a tear fell from my eye on to the pillow.

"You really love to die" came the deep voice and I instantly opened my eyes to see him standing on the door. He had his usual stoic face but his eyes held so much anger and I wanted to shrink away from him. He is angry.

"Leave" he said to Amanda, she also seemed scared of him. I held her hand tightly and my movement didn't go unnoticed by him

"Now" he said in a loud voice making both of us jump. She apologised me with her eyes and I left her hand. I can't put her in trouble, I have already done enough. If he came to know who helped me I am sure I will not be the only one to be punished.

As Amanda left he stepped towrads me and I wanted to move away to the corner but my wound didn't let me so I just closed my eyes.

"Do you really think I will vanish if you close your eyes?" His voice held a little amusement. I didn't speak anything just closed my eyes.

"You shouldn't have ran Flora" he said in his deep voice.

"I ..." I didn't know what to say, I couldn't apologize because I don't think I did anything wrong.

"I don't belong here with you, you have to admit this fact" I said opening my eyes and look straight in to his.

"You can keep me here by force but you can never have my heart" I told him firmly. He stayed quite for a moment taken aback by my words.

"Once you heal you will be punished" he said in anger and then went out. Angry tears came out of my eyes.

"I hate you" I yelled at him, I am sure he heard them.