16. Amanda's past

To all my lovely readers, it would be kind of you to take a moment and vote for this chapter. It will mean a lot to me. Thank you❤

At late night, I woke up to the sound of rain, and a smile instantly came on my face. I ran towards the window and looked out. It was raining, I tried to open the window but it was nailed. I huffed and ran downstairs, not bothering to even wear shoes. I tried to open the front door, but it was locked with a key, which I know Achilles have. I went to the back door in hopes that it might open, but to my dismay, it was also locked. I went to the living room window and opened it, it opened but there were metal bars so I couldn't go out. I sighed and looked at the rain with longing, I wanted to feel the rain on my skin. I love rain, and whenever it rains, I can't stop myself from going in it even if it's winters.

"Why are you awake at this hour?" He said from behind. I turned around and was about to yell, but then I thought otherwise.

"Can I go out? Look, it's raining out there, " I said in a chirpy tone.

"No, go to your room and sleep," he said, turning around going to the kitchen, I followed him there.

"Please," I said with my puppy eyes, which always works on my father, I hope it also works on him.

"No, it's cold out there. You will be sick, " he said as he drank water.

"Achilles, please," I said with a little pout. He looked at my face and then shook his head.

"If you won't let me go out now, I will not talk to you. I will not even eat anything, I will also disrespect you. I will even try to escape.." I said, and the next moment he was in front of me, he pulled me towards him tightly, holding my waist. My face reached his chest, and I looked like a small kid in front of his huge body. I looked up at his eyes.

"Don't!" He warned.

"Then let me go out just for a few moments," I said with stubbornness

"What if you get sick?" He asked.

"Then you will be happy as I will not ask you to take me out and will be resting," I said, and he frowned.

"I would never be happy seeing you in pain," he whispered lightly, gazing at me, and at that moment, I saw such softness and care in his eyes that I had not seen before. He cares for me.

"Can you open the door?" I asked once again.

"Pretty please," I pleaded.

"Fine, but you are not going in the rain," he said, and I scowled.

"And you are going to wear your cloak and shoes, now go," he said, I glared at him but did as he said. After wearing my cloak and shoes all packed, he opened the backdoor for me. There were trees around the place from here but there was a little open space, a garden but there was only grass on it, its the back side which leads to forest.

I stepped out, but he pulled me back under the shed, which comes out a little from the door, maybe 2 to 3 metres. That's not what I wanted! I only watched the view, and after a few moments, I forwarded my hand in the rain to feel the water on my skin. It was icy cold, but it gave me peace. The air was cold out here, and he was standing with only an under shirt and trousers.