6. Achilles king

It was nighttime when I heard loud voices and screams of people, I woke up with a start. I ran downstairs towards the main door, and here I can hear more clearly the screams and voices of people.

"Father," I called for him, but his room door was opened, which only means he didn't come back home. I opened the door wearing my cloak around me. I ran towards the main street from where the voices were coming.

A man bumped into me as I was running ahead. He was whimpering and was covered in blood.

"What's happening?" I asked him.

"The .. Dark M-monster is h-here, he will k-kill us, " he cried out, and I froze in fear at his words.

"Go back home," he advised me as he ran away probably towards his home.

"Father," I whispered when I realized he would be there. I ran towards the corner of the street, and when I took a turn, it was chaos everywhere. The dark monster's men were in dark cloaks on their horses, and men from our village were on foot. They were not even half of what they were. They were sword fighting.

I saw my father at the far end he was fighting with someone, but the man opposite to him was way stronger than my father. He was blocking my father's attack very skillfully. He wasn't attacking back, just blocking Father's attack.

"Father," I shouted, and he turned towards me. The man next to him also saw me. He was very muscular and scary.

"Flora, run," Father shouted at me with anger and worry, I only shook my head. I won't go without him. He looked at me with disappointment and cursed under his breath. I had tears in my eyes, the man in front of my father was distracted by me, and my father got a chance to hit him. He sliced his arm, and the man grunted in pain. He looked at Father with rage in his eyes, and I ran towards them as he was about to strike the sword in my father's chest.

"No, please no," I screamed as I ran towards them. He hit my father, and he grunted in pain as I saw blood oozing out of his shoulder. I fell on the ground as I stumbled upon a dead body of a villager. I recoiled at the sight of his blood and his lifeless eyes staring at me. I stood on my wobbly foot and ran towards my father, who was now lying on the ground, whimpering in pain.

The man was in rage as he was about to put the sword in my father's chest, a loud voice boomed, stopping him.

"Sage," someone said his name, and he stopped midway looking at the owner of the voice behind him. I fell on the ground in front of my father and took his hand in mine.

"Father, are you okay? Please talk to me, " I cried in panic as his eyes were closing.

"Flora, please, little one r-run," he whimpered, but I shook my head again.

"D-dont be s-stubborn, my child," he said.

"I won't leave you here, come with me," I said as I pulled him up with all my might but he was heavy, and the wound was oozing out so much blood, making him weak.

"I can't," he breathed out.

"No, you can! please father.." I begged while crying. As I was about to say something else, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me up to stand. I looked at the owner of the hand, and my breath stucked. The man in front of me was in a black cloak. He had a hood on his face. This was the same guy I saw in the forest, I am sure of that. But this time, I can see his face clearly. His dark eyes were gazing at me, his face so stern. I tried to pull myself away from him, but he growled at me. I flinched in fear at the animalistic voice.

"We should go now, king," the same man who attacked my father said from behind, I think his name is sage. He didn't say anything but pulled me with him.

"Leave me," I yelled at him when he started pulling me towards his horse.

"Father," I yelled, looking back at him. He was trying to stand up and was yelling at the man to leave me, but this man wasn't listening to any of us.

"Leave me please," I pleaded softly. At my words, his gaze momentarily fell on me, but then his grip around my arm tightened but was not tight enough to hurt. He was careful not to hurt me.

"Please, my father is injured. He needs me," I pleaded again, looking at my father.

"Stop, where do you think you are taking my fiancé" it was Victor standing in front of us with blood on his face and clothes. His sword was dangling in his hand as he was looking at the man with rage.

"Leave her," Victor boomed, but the man besides me didn't even move an inch. He only shook his head a little like he was making fun of Victor.

"Sage!" His dark voice boomed, and the man named Sage came towards us as he grabbed my arm. His grip was harsh, to which I whimpered in pain. The man beside me glared at Sage with a very scary look, which made him loosen his grip on my arm, and he looked down in shame for a moment.

The man made a move toward Victor as he took out his sword, and in an instant, he attacked Victor, Victor wasn't quick enough to retaliate, and his arm got wounded. Now that I look at the man, I felt a powerful aura around him. It looks like he is the leader. I gasped in realization!

"He is the dark monster," I whispered lowly, and Sage chuckled lowly at me.

"You are smart," he joked, and I tried to pull myself from him, but he didn't let me move an inch. I looked back at my father he was now unconscious.

"Please leave me. My father needs me," I begged him.

"Sorry I can't do that" he said and looked in front where Victor and dark monster were fighting, it was a loose battle clearly, Victor has so many wounds by now but the dark monster didn't even had a scratch on his body, he seems so skilled.

I looked around me, and I saw many unconscious bodies. They were mostly of the villagers, I just hope they are not dead. The dark monster's men were proudly standing now ready to go back after creating destruction in our village. Many people of our village are hiding in their houses they are looking out from their windows.

I bit the hand of Sage, and he grunted in pain as he lost his grip on me. I ran towards my father, who was lying unconscious. I sit by him and try to wake him up.

"Please, father, wake up," I said.

"Help someone please help us." I screamed for help, but no one was helping me.

"Father, please wake up," I cried when he wasn't opening his eyes, I checked his pulse, and he was still breathing. I tear a piece of cloth from the end of my cloak and wrapped it around his wound, trying to stop bleeding.

"Father," I called again.

Just then, a hand pulled me up, but this time, he was enraged as he put me on his shoulder as if I were a sack of flour.

"Leave me, you Monster," I screamed and hit his back with my hands, which I can tell has no effect on him.

"I said leave me," I screamed in anger and frustration.

"Quiet," he shouted loudly in his deep voice, and I fell quiet. He put me on his horse and sat behind me. When I tried to move, he held me by my waist, pulling me towards him. My back touched his chest.

"Your father is still alive. Do you want me to take his last breaths?" he said in a quiet voice near my ear, and I shuddered in fear at the close proximity and his warning.

"Please, no," I whimpered.

"Then sit quietly, this is the last time you are seeing your father and this village," he said and pulled the reign of his horse as it started running out of the village in the forest. And all the way, my tears were falling down my cheeks.

Before going, I also saw Victor lying unconscious and his father trying to wake him up.

Please, God, don't let anything happen to my father, I beg you! I prayed.

Do vote and comment❤️