Part 2

Y/N talks way too much...Mot is uncomfortable and irritated always. that's the chapter.

------------

You woke in the morning to the sound of the door unlocking and swinging open with a loud clunk. Your eyes shot open and for a moment, you'd completely forgotten where you were. You sat up in bed and your chains rattled. The sound made your heart sink as the events from yesterday came flooding back to you. You looked up and saw the man from before standing in the doorway. He walked over to you and you pressed yourself into the corner.

"I see you're still writhing about." He set something down on your bed and you glanced at it. It seemed to be a bowl of something.

"What's that?" You shifted your eyes back to him. He crouched down next to the bed.

"Soup." He pushed it closer to you and you turned up your nose at it. He rolled his eyes and sighed. "It's not poisoned. If I wanted you dead right now, I wouldn't waste my time with poison." You glanced at the food again. A low growl came from your stomach and you couldn't deny that you were hungry. You noticed movement around the top of the man's hooded robe. A tiny head popped out from inside the neck of his clothing.

"Kitty!" You gasped. The kitten rubbed its head against the man's neck before hopping out of his robe and walking onto the bed. "That's the kitten I told you about! He's the one that led me here!" You pointed at the kitten, who had walked over to your soup and started lapping it up.

"She." The man spoke flatly, watching the kitten.

"Huh?" You pulled the kitten away from the bowl, scratching it under the chin.

"The kitten. It's a girl." He watched you with the kitten as she licked your chin affectionately.

"O-oh. Sorry." You looked away from him. His gaze was so intense that it made your stomach feel uncomfortable. "Does she have a name?"

"...Tifla." He murmured. Hearing her name, the kitten perked her head up and jumped out of your hands. She pranced over to the man and hopped onto his shoulder, playing with a strand of his hair. "How's your ankle?"

You looked down at your ankle and grimaced. It was still swollen and a nasty bruise had formed. You tried to move it but quickly realized your mistake, wincing. He sighed, standing up.

"Don't move it, little bug. You'll only make it worse." You couldn't understand why he was acting as if he hadn't threatened your life literally less than 24 hours ago.

"Why do you care? You're going to kill me anyway." You pulled your legs against your chest, wrapping your arms around them.

"Would you rather me treat you cruelly?" He crossed his arms, looking down at you. "If that's what you want, I'd be happy to oblige." Your eyes darted away from his. You really shouldn't be pressing your luck right now. "If you would tell me what you're doing here, I'd know exactly how to treat you." Tifla crawled into his hood, curling up and falling asleep.

"How many times do I need to tell you before you believe me?" You whipped your head back to look at him. "I didn't mean to come here! I don't even know anything about the God of Death or whatever you said you are! I just wanted to find the road home." You pushed down the tears threatening to come out.

"So you say." He cocked his head to the side. "But even if that's true, how can I let you go when you might tell others how to get here?"

"I won't tell anyone. I don't even have anyone to tell!" Your voice cracked and you took a deep breath, trying to keep your composure. He didn't respond for a moment, just watching you.

"Why are you crying, little bug?" You were ready to argue that you were not crying, but you reached up and felt the tears streaming down your cheeks.

"Why w-wouldn't I be crying? I've been kidnapped by some big asshole who wants to kill me and no one will even come looking for me and even if they did, they'd never find me! And stop calling me a bug. I have a n-name!" You sobbed and he raised his eyebrows at your outburst.