74: Parleying

Katarina was woken up by her maid.

It was morning.

...

"Oh, pardon me..!" Y/n excused herself in a hurry after accidentally bumping into a fellow student.

"Huh," v/n watched her run off, "She's as energetic even after spending half the night with my dear Sister.."

She walked past other students before reaching the stairs to the first floor.

...

Katarina walked out of her last morning class, it was lunchtime.

Mary and Sophia suggested eating together with everyone.

...

"Lady y/n," f/n called for her friend.

Y/n perked up looking over her shoulder to her, "Huh? Lady f/n, what is it?"

"Do you wish to come along?" F/n asked, "Lady Sophia invited us both to join them together with the other council members for lunch."

"Really? Does Lady Katarina know about this?" Y/n asked a little surprised they were invited by such a high-ranked noble's child.

F/n shrugged, "How would I know?"

Y/n huffed, "I'll have to decline since I already made myself lunch."

"Huh? That's rare, what did you even cook this time?" F/n laughed, though, she was well aware that y/n can indeed cook well.

"That's a secret." Y/n joked back before excusing herself to leave on her own.

F/n waved at her before walking in the opposite from her direction.

...

"I don't want to."

V/n frowned hearing her decline, "But you have to even if you don't like it. Sister, our Father has been waiting for you to inherit the title and seat."

'I wish to inherit it myself but there's an unbreakable spell preventing such a thing at all cost...' she huffed, adding in, "Would it be possible to get you to agree if we make a deal together instead?"

"A deal?" Katarina arched a furrowed brow.

V/n nodded, suggesting, "What if, I let you stay here for five more days and after the last day, you must leave everything behind to come with me, because if you don't come with me. Father might come here personally instead, and believe me, your strength is barely a match for his just yet since you haven't trained it properly, or come with me now and none of that will happen."

"Are you threatening me right now..?!" Katarina growled, and bawled tight fists, she wanted to get rid of her.

The darkness erupted from under her feet like fire, itching to consume everything near it.

V/n wasn't fazed, she's seen her Father do this countless times when he gets angry.

She rolled her eyes, saying, "I'm not threatening you, I'm stating facts. Father is indeed much stronger than you by many folds and might turn this entire academy upside down without a trace, worst of all, since you two have the same power, he can also see y/n being your dearest and might target her life."

Katarina flinched, she didn't want that.

"I don't have that power, precisely that is. So I only guessed that Lady y/n is the one you love. I'll give you five days to think this through then before I end up with a headache if our Father does appear in person." V/n said before taking her to leave.

Katarina was left alone with a bad aftertaste from their conversation.

'You damn bugs...'

"Lady Katarina!"

She perked up.