94: Compeer

Katarina got up to the floor, staring at herself in the mirror, bags under her eyes were beginning to be visible, and even her lips seemed dry.

'Ohh... Anne and my parents would be so mad if they saw me like this.' she frowned, muttering, "It hurts to remember now.."

V/n listened to her mutterings before grinning in bemusement, "You wish to forget about old memories?"

"I can help with that." She chuckled.

Katarina turned to her, "Please...."

'How cute,' v/n hummed, raising a hand, darkness came to her open palm, "When I apply it, it'll hurt for a second but you'll forget things you don't want to ever remember. So make sure you're thinking of things or 'people' you wish to forget forever."

Katarina's eyes widened, it looked like salvation for her mentality, "Alright.."

'Everything just got a whole lot more amusing...'

...

"My, oh, my.." v/n clapped her hands, "It suits you well, little brother."

Katarina looked at the mirror as v/n helped fix her cravat on her.

"Does it?" She watched her fix it a little.

V/n nodded, "Do you want this one? Or shall we try another?"

'Blue... I like blue.' Katarina shook her head, "For now, this one is alright. I'll leave the clothes we bought to the servants."

V/n smirked, nodding a second time, "Alright, if that's what you want. Let's change you back into your clothes so we can buy this."

Katarina did as she was asked.

...

"It's late isn't it.." v/n hummed, looking up at the dusky clouds in the sky, "Let's head back home now, shall we, little brother?"

Katarina followed beside her, "Okay."

Inside the carriage.

It was a little dark, she found it a little strange that v/n sat beside her though.

Still, that wasn't a bother so she let her be.

V/n was leaning against her shoulder while resting.

'Why do I feel like I'm suddenly forgetting something....' Katarina looked out the window as the carriage began to move on to its destination back home.

...

Katarina woke v/n up once they had arrived.

"We're here.. sister." She had begun to get the hang of considering them family, it's not like she remembers anymore of them now, right?

V/n yawned, getting up, she took the offered hand Katarina had for her to take, helping her down the carriage.

They walked alongside the manor.

L/n had been waiting for them at the table.

"You're both finally home right before dinner..?" He hummed.

V/n greeted her a fine evening and took a seat opposite from Katarina.

They sat close to their father who huffed, commencing dinner for the night.

"Have you got Seth the clothes he'll wear?" L/n asked.

'He's really in a lot of denials to have a daughter inherit his place..' v/n smiled nodding, "Yes, I've got that covered. Everything will be fine, and little brother has taken his classes on how to be dignified ages ago too."

Katarina sat there eating, 'It's bland.'

It'd seem her taste buds were beginning to fail her as she ate, finishing dinner.